We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
By Robyn Chachula
Gifted by Interweave Press
Reviewed by Melissa Conner
When I say “crocheted afghan”, what comes to mind? Grandma? Tradition? A heck of a lot of yarn?
Well with the help of Unexpected Afghans, you can create innovative crochet designs with traditional techniques. This book is great for those who love to crochet, but don’t want the look of grandma’s afghan.
While the skills and knowledge remains the same, the patterns in Unexpected Afghans use colorful and bright yarn, mix and match stitches, and add fun embellishments to make these crochet projects really stand out above the rest.
I cannot even begin to express my love for the Mod Retro Afghan found in Unexpected Afghans. Although it’s a granny motif pattern, the colors and shapes of the squares look anything but traditional. I’m definitely marking this one down on my list of projects to try!
With this and 28 other fresh and fun patterns to try, Unexpected Afghans is a must have guide for crochet fans of all skills and levels. With the helpful suggestions and layouts from author Robyn Chachula, the afghan has been reinvented…a great and fun project for crochet fans of all ages!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Purple Beginner Shawl
- Recycled T-Shirt Quilt Pattern
- Shawl Scarf Crochet Pattern
- Stunning Leather Trimmed Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Knit Look Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Bean Stitch Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Plush Basketweave Baby Blanket Pattern
- "18 Projects Every Crafter Wants" free eBook
- Amethyst DIY Jewelry Box Anthropologie Knockoff
- Retro Gumball Machine Craft