We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
By Robyn Chachula
Gifted by Interweave Press
Reviewed by Melissa Conner
When I say “crocheted afghan”, what comes to mind? Grandma? Tradition? A heck of a lot of yarn?
Well with the help of Unexpected Afghans, you can create innovative crochet designs with traditional techniques. This book is great for those who love to crochet, but don’t want the look of grandma’s afghan.
While the skills and knowledge remains the same, the patterns in Unexpected Afghans use colorful and bright yarn, mix and match stitches, and add fun embellishments to make these crochet projects really stand out above the rest.
I cannot even begin to express my love for the Mod Retro Afghan found in Unexpected Afghans. Although it’s a granny motif pattern, the colors and shapes of the squares look anything but traditional. I’m definitely marking this one down on my list of projects to try!
With this and 28 other fresh and fun patterns to try, Unexpected Afghans is a must have guide for crochet fans of all skills and levels. With the helpful suggestions and layouts from author Robyn Chachula, the afghan has been reinvented…a great and fun project for crochet fans of all ages!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More