Top Down Sweaters
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Top Down Sweaters
By Ann Budd
Gifted by Interweave Press
Reviewed by Melissa Conner
Want to learn to knit your very own sweater? Take it from the top.
In Top Down Sweaters, author Ann Budd teaches knitters how to create beautiful sweaters that are literally worked from the top to the bottom. The great thing about this technique is that it allows you to try on the sweater in progress to check the fit. You’ll know if the key components—shoulder width, neck and armhole depths, and body circumference—are right before you invest time in knitting the lower body and sleeves. Top down sweaters also lend themselves beautifully to one-piece construction, my favorite!
Filled with 12 beautiful patterns arranged into 4 sweater types, Top-Down Sweaters is a great go-to guide for intermediate to advanced knitters. Each section contains basic instructions, size information, helpful advice on how to read a gauge, and easy ways to plan out all your measurements before starting on your project.
I couldn’t wait to jump right into Top-Down Sweaters. The Quince-Essential Fair Isle sweater has definitely made it on my list of projects to try, and I’m so thankful to Ann Budd for including such helpful information on determining the proper size and gauge.
I also loved the classic design of the Alpine Tweed sweater. This pattern is perfect for the holidays and would also make a great gift for my mom or sister. Looks like it’s time to get those knitting needles out of storage!
If you love knitting your own clothes and are looking for ways to simplify the process, take a look at the 12 beautiful sweater patterns in Top-Down Sweaters. With personal design touches, detailed charts, clear instructions, and quick tips for expanding kitting possibilities, this handy book will kick your knitting needles into overdrive!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Girls Gathered Dress Free Sewing Pattern
- Summer Beach Wreath
- Father's Day Keychain
- Jaws-Dropping DIY Jewelry
- Beware of Sharks DIY Wreath
- Chum-Chomping Cootie Catcher
- Cushy Crochet Cowl Patterns
- Ten Minute Hair Bows
- Grapefruit Body Polish Recipe
- Easiest Ever DIY Headband