The Quilt Block Book
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The Quilt Block Book
By Nancy Wick
Gifted by Creative Publishing International
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
Quilting is a beloved crafting pasttime. Often passed down from great-grandmothers to grandmothers, to mothers, and daughters, the art of quilting is one that women have enjoyed for generations. At the base of almost every quilt is the humble quilt block, a small square of fabric that, when combined with like squares, creates a lovely blocked quilt that quickly adds amazing color to any room in your home. To help inspire your quilt block creations, there's The Quilt Block Book: Fresh, Versatile Designs for Quilts, Clothes, Accessories, and Decor, filled with 75 quilt blocks that you're sure to love!
The Quilt Block Book teaches you three basic block construction methods to get you started in the world of quilt blocks. Divided into three sections, Quick Piecing, Foundation Piecing, and Applique Blocks, each section includes basic technique instructions, followed by 25 bright and beautiful block patterns. Color diagrams of the blocks show you how to use them in multiples so you can plan out your full quilt as you go!
With a blend of both traditional and modern quilt blocks, this book has something for everyone. From the simple beginner patterns to the more advanced designs, these quilt blocks will not only inspire you, but will motivate you to become a better sewist and quilter!
I love the New York Beauty quilt on page 110 of The Quilt Block Book. With bright colors and unique and fun intersecting pattern designs, this quilt would look stunning hanging on a wall or laid out as a bedspread. With the right fabric choices, this New York Beauty quilt could really be something to behold.
Filled with tons of patterns, templates, quilt designs, and more, The Quilt Block Book is a great shelf staple for quilters of all levels. Whether you use it to create your own blocks or you just use it as a source of inspiration, this book will open your eyes to a whole new way of quilting.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Ultimate Plaid Home Decor Assortment
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns for Accessories
- Grab & Go Organizer
- Suzanne Cannon
- Surface Life
- 12 Easy Knitting Patterns For Baby Clothes
- 7 Cute Patterns: How to Knit Baby Booties
- Braided Knit Headband Pattern
- Simple Rainbow Headband Knitting Pattern
- Super Easy Knit Baby Booties