The Perfect Finish Book
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The Perfect Finish
By Kara Gott Warner
Gifted by House of White Birches
Reviewed by Melissa Conner
I can’t even tell you how many unfinished DIY projects I have around the house. I get a great idea for something and I’m all motivated to do it…but when I inevitably get interrupted half way through, it’s very rare that I come back and finish what I started.
Whether you’re up to your knees in unfinished projects or you just lack the know how to finish what you started, you can rest assured…because help is here!
The Perfect Finish, a wonderfully written book by Kara Gott Warner, is a knitter’s dream come true. This is a no-nonsense guide to finishing techniques for knitters of every level, and a great go-to guide to help you learn all about the materials you need to help you get the job done…for real this time.
From special cast on and bind off methods to tips on easy assembly of all your garments, The Perfect Finish is a great book to have with you as you embark on a knitting project, whether it be a simple scarf or a detailed sweater.
I found the chapter on zippers especially helpful. I have been avoiding projects that require a zipper for so long because I can never get the alignment right on the zipper. But with the help of Kara Warner, I can zip my way through any zipped project!
There’s also a great section on adding finishing details to your project, like borders and ribbing, colored accents, and more.
For lovers of knit and crochet, The Perfect Finish is a great book to help motivate you to work your way through that bin of unfinished projects. There’s even a bonus section with 5 beautiful patterns, a great glossary and abbreviations chart, and step by step photos of all the knit and crochet stitches you’ll need to learn to finish your work.
Now there’s no excuse…The Perfect Finish is the perfect way to learn all the tricks and tips to help you wrap up your current projects so you can get started on new ones!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Artful Handmade Wrap Bracelets
- Crazy Cool Duct Tape Projects
- Anna Maria's Needleworks Notebook
- Duct Tape Your Heart Out!
- Craft Fail: When Homemade Goes Horribly Wrong
- Premo! Sculpey Clay
- Zentangle Basics Book Review
- Animal Hats
- Cozy Knits: 50 Fast and Easy Projects from Top Designers
- Crafting with Fleece
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Clover Sewing Prize Pack
- Little B
- Little B Embellishment Bundle
- Sprinrite Basket of Bulky Yarn
- Arch Columns Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Baby's First Valentine's Day Shirt
- Dyed Leopard Print Easter Egg Craft
- Polymer Clay Shamrock Pin St. Patrick's Day Craft
- Sparkly St. Patrick's Day Treat Bags
- Stenciled Ornament Kit from Stencil1