The Big-Ass Book of Bling
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The Big-Ass Book of Bling
Gifted by Gallery Books
Reviewed by Jaclyn Holtzman
Mark Montano does it again. He successfully delivers another big-ass book of incredibly fun and mesmerizing projects. The Big-Ass Book of Bling is truly big with over 150 amazing, entertaining crafts, and it's equally entertaining and hypnotizing featuring bling made from plastic gutter guards, paper, cardboard and baby heads. The eccentricity doesn't stop on any of the over 350 colorful, unique pages. This book is wonderful because even though the projects are page-turningly fascinating, most of the pieces can easily be worn on a daily basis. As far as the other ones go, you'll be making a daring yet totally awesome fashion statement. Mark Montano would be ashamed if he heard anybody say that they couldn't pull off one of his pieces. Anybody any age can pull off any piece; just personalize it.
This trendy, risk-taking book guides you all over the world of bling from standard, yet still innovative, earrings and necklaces to a safety pin dagger skirt and lace crowns fit for a party queen. Montano introduces some really great techniques like fusing glass and plastic, using painted cardboard as a stone setting, and making realistic-looking turquoise out of paper.
It is this technique that is the most attractive of all. Turquoise is one of the hottest trends lately, but it's also a bit of a budget-buster. The Big-Ass Book of Bling features multiple dazzling projects focused on these fake turquoise stones that cost nothing. The highlight project is the Paper Turquoise Stitched Leather Cuff, which is a thing of beauty. It looks as though it would have cost at least $200 at a high-end fashion boutique with its large stone, abstractly stitched leather cuff, and subtle yet striking gold setting. Montano shows you how to make this unique piece step-by-step for what seems like chump change. To learn how to make this exclusive project and others just as darling, pick up your copy of The Big-Ass Book of Bling, and you'll be strolling in style.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Vintage Basket Easter Craft Project
- Recycled Egg Carton Easter Egg Basket
- Jumbo Easter Egg Kids Craft Idea
- Cuddly Bunny Easter Sewing Project
- Cuddle Up Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Polka Dot Spring Vase Craft
- Clover Sewing Prize Pack
- Little B
- Little B Embellishment Bundle
- Sprinrite Basket of Bulky Yarn