The Big-Ass Book of Bling
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The Big-Ass Book of Bling
Gifted by Gallery Books
Reviewed by Jaclyn Holtzman
Mark Montano does it again. He successfully delivers another big-ass book of incredibly fun and mesmerizing projects. The Big-Ass Book of Bling is truly big with over 150 amazing, entertaining crafts, and it's equally entertaining and hypnotizing featuring bling made from plastic gutter guards, paper, cardboard and baby heads. The eccentricity doesn't stop on any of the over 350 colorful, unique pages. This book is wonderful because even though the projects are page-turningly fascinating, most of the pieces can easily be worn on a daily basis. As far as the other ones go, you'll be making a daring yet totally awesome fashion statement. Mark Montano would be ashamed if he heard anybody say that they couldn't pull off one of his pieces. Anybody any age can pull off any piece; just personalize it.
This trendy, risk-taking book guides you all over the world of bling from standard, yet still innovative, earrings and necklaces to a safety pin dagger skirt and lace crowns fit for a party queen. Montano introduces some really great techniques like fusing glass and plastic, using painted cardboard as a stone setting, and making realistic-looking turquoise out of paper.
It is this technique that is the most attractive of all. Turquoise is one of the hottest trends lately, but it's also a bit of a budget-buster. The Big-Ass Book of Bling features multiple dazzling projects focused on these fake turquoise stones that cost nothing. The highlight project is the Paper Turquoise Stitched Leather Cuff, which is a thing of beauty. It looks as though it would have cost at least $200 at a high-end fashion boutique with its large stone, abstractly stitched leather cuff, and subtle yet striking gold setting. Montano shows you how to make this unique piece step-by-step for what seems like chump change. To learn how to make this exclusive project and others just as darling, pick up your copy of The Big-Ass Book of Bling, and you'll be strolling in style.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- 12 Easter Egg Ideas & Easter Crafts for Adults
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 22 DIY Beaded Ornaments
- Gorgeous Vintage Jewelry Ornament
- Mini Mollie Mini Mandalas
- Easy Wooden Farmhouse Sign
- Harvest Wreath
- Design Your Own Handmade Quilt Pattern
- Pine Cone Candle Wreath
- Turkey Welcome Wreath
- Twine and Berry Fall Wreath
- Printable Wedding Invitations