We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
By Nina Wanat
Gifted by Lark Crafts
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
Do you find yourself staring and oogling at the candy in the window? Are you drawn to light and airy marshmallows, rich chocolate truffles, gooy caramel candies, and sugary candied orange peels? Well, there's no need to stand there drooling at the bakery window...you can make all your confectionary favorites right in the comfort of your own home.
In her new book, Sweet Confections: Beautiful Candy to Make at Home, author Nina Wanat takes readers on a delicious journey through her candy land, with recipes broken down into three scrumptious categories: Crunchy Candy, Chewy Candy, and Silky Candy. There are also two special sections for those readers who may be new to candy making, with helpful suggestions on common materials and supplies you may need and delicious recipes for staple ingredients, like vanilla extract and candied ginger.
As a novice candy maker myself, I found Sweet Confections to be extremely helpful in the kitchen. The section on tempering chocolate was so helpful and gave me the best tips and suggestions for heating, reheating, melting, cutting, and testing chocolate for candy making. There were also awesome suggestions for how to dip candies, which I have struggled with for years! This book will completely change the way I make candy in the kitchen.
Just looking through the pictures in Sweet Confections is sure to motivate you to head on in to the kitchen and get baking. Each recipe comes with a beautiful full-color photograph, as well as a detailed materials list and easy-to-follow instructions. If you like baking and giving handmade candies as gifts for the holidays, Sweet Confections is a must-have on your book shelf.
With 40+ recipes to choose from and how-to guides to make everything from melting chocolate to boiling sugar as easy as possible, Sweet Confections is a beautiful book that will satisfy anyone's sweet tooth.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Cozy Knits: 50 Fast and Easy Projects from Top Designers
- Animal Hats
- Premo! Sculpey Clay
- Crazy Cool Duct Tape Projects
- Quilt Boutique
- The Simple Art of Japanese Papercrafts
- Craft Fail: When Homemade Goes Horribly Wrong
- Anna Maria's Needleworks Notebook
- Duct Tape Your Heart Out!
- How to Make 100 Bead Embroidery Motifs
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Christmas Craft Ideas: Ornaments, Decorations, and Homemade Gifts for Christmas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Recycled Detergent Lid Pincushion
- Ombre Tie Dye Shirt Wall Art
- Beaded Crochet Choker
- Crochet Dog Doo Doo Bag Holder
- Baby Heart Crochet Beanie
- Funky Crochet Earbud Wrap
- Ariel's Beaded Crochet Headband
- Knitted Plastic Bag Dispenser
- Last-Minute T-Shirt Necklace
- Perfectly Pretty Crochet Purse Pattern