We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
By Nina Wanat
Gifted by Lark Crafts
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
Do you find yourself staring and oogling at the candy in the window? Are you drawn to light and airy marshmallows, rich chocolate truffles, gooy caramel candies, and sugary candied orange peels? Well, there's no need to stand there drooling at the bakery window...you can make all your confectionary favorites right in the comfort of your own home.
In her new book, Sweet Confections: Beautiful Candy to Make at Home, author Nina Wanat takes readers on a delicious journey through her candy land, with recipes broken down into three scrumptious categories: Crunchy Candy, Chewy Candy, and Silky Candy. There are also two special sections for those readers who may be new to candy making, with helpful suggestions on common materials and supplies you may need and delicious recipes for staple ingredients, like vanilla extract and candied ginger.
As a novice candy maker myself, I found Sweet Confections to be extremely helpful in the kitchen. The section on tempering chocolate was so helpful and gave me the best tips and suggestions for heating, reheating, melting, cutting, and testing chocolate for candy making. There were also awesome suggestions for how to dip candies, which I have struggled with for years! This book will completely change the way I make candy in the kitchen.
Just looking through the pictures in Sweet Confections is sure to motivate you to head on in to the kitchen and get baking. Each recipe comes with a beautiful full-color photograph, as well as a detailed materials list and easy-to-follow instructions. If you like baking and giving handmade candies as gifts for the holidays, Sweet Confections is a must-have on your book shelf.
With 40+ recipes to choose from and how-to guides to make everything from melting chocolate to boiling sugar as easy as possible, Sweet Confections is a beautiful book that will satisfy anyone's sweet tooth.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Tie Dye Patterns for Shirts, Decor, & More
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Ornamental Easter Eggs
- Robin Josephs
- Easter Bunny Canvas
- Scottish Terrier Dog Crochet Amigurumi Pattern
- "The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More" free eBook
- Silly Kids DIY Shoe Decoration
- Stenciled Chalkboard Happy Birthday Card
- Sweet Doily Cards Spring Craft
- Illuminated Blossoms Spring Craft
- Colorful Napkin Wreath Spring Craft