We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
by Jennifer & Kitty O'Neil
Gifted by All American Crafts, Inc.
Reviewed by Melissa Conner
The unlikely marriage of gears and glitz has given rise to the fun art of steampunk…a crafting trend that combines vintage flair and recycled gears and gadgets. In their beautiful and informative book, Steampunk Chic, sisters Jennifer & Kitty O’Neil give readers a great introduction into steampunking…including an awesome list of go-to supplies, various projects for steampunkers of all skill levels, and several helpful hints on how to create your own unique embellishments. This colorful fun book is a must have for fans of jewelry making, vintage crafts, and those who are always looking for new thrifty ideas!
I have to say that I was unfamiliar with steampunking before reading Steampunk Chic, but now I can’t wait to create my own unique projects! Using materials like broken jewelry, watch faces, old books, stamps, and vintage photographs, I can make art that’s both original and eye catching.
Steampunk Chic is filled with 12 thrifty and fun projects, all of which you can do with a quick trip to the flea market and some glue and pliers. Each project in this book comes with a full list of items you’ll need, broken down by basic materials, flea market finds, and tools you’ll need to get the job done. The step by step instructions are accompanied with photos, making these projects easy and fun to make. Of course you’re more than welcome to embellish however you’d like…that is, after all, the fun of steampunk!
For me, Steampunk Chic is more of an inspiration than a crafting how-to. The O’Neil sisters break down your basic supplies, telling you what you’ll need and where you can find them. They show you how to mix and match objects so you can create fun designs of your own…and they even provide a list of stores to find vintage crafting supplies. For us thrifty crafters, this book is a must have!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Very Merry Coloring and Color Your Own Christmas Ornaments Books Review
- Card Making with Cricut
- A Beginner's Guide to Chalk Painting
- Artful Collage from Found Objects
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
- Jessica Palmer's Tangle Magic, Tangle Bay and Tangle Wood Coloring Books Review
- Find It, Make It: Outdoor Green Crafts for Children
- Chain Maille Jewelry
- Beading In No Time
- Sew Kawaii!
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Resting Dragon Coloring Page
- Dragon Fire Coloring Page
- You Are Loved Coloring Page
- Dream It Coloring Page
- Hello Lovely Doodles Coloring Page
- Hello Lovely Unicorn Coloring Page
- Color My Heart Happy Coloring Page
- With Kindness Coloring Page
- Follow Your Heart Coloring Page
- Power of Love Coloring Page