Snowflakes, Sunbursts, and Stars
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Snowflakes, Sunbursts, and Stars: 75 Exquisite Paper Designs to Fold, Cut, and Curl
By Ayako Brodek and Shannon Voigt
Gifted by Kodansha USA, Inc.
Reviewed by Liz Abderholden, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
Who knew you could create so many beautiful things with paper? Snowflakes, Sunbursts, and Stars gives you 75 exquisite paper designs to cut, fold, and curl. Whether you've been paper crafting for years and are looking for some fun new designs or you're a newcomer looking to learn the basics, there's a project in here for everyone. Using three paper crafting techniques, origami, kirigami, and quilling, this book shows you how to create gorgeous paper crafts to use as decorations, place cards and more.
Organized into four chapters, the book covers everything from the basic tools and techniques you'll need to know in order to make your projects, to the step-by-step instructions for the patterns themselves. Each design is as unique and special like a snowflake. With easy-to-read instructions and vivid images to guide you through each step, you'll be able to create these lovely paper crafts in no time. They organize the designs by technique, then type of project (star, sunburst or snowflake), then difficulty level of each project, making it super easy to find the design suited to your skill level.
A bonus section offers suggestions for projects using your newly-made snowflakes, starbursts and stars. From home decorations like the Quilled Window Ornaments you can hang in your window or on your door, to jewelry like the Origami Earrings featuring a bright sunburst dangling from the end, there are so many ways to use your beautiful paper designs.
With projects inspired by nature, you can create a snowflake as unique and special as the ones floating outside, or a star as pretty as ones hanging in the night sky. This book is perfect for any DIY lover looking to learn a new skill or create something you can use in so many other projects.
*Interior photo from Snowflakes, Sunbursts, and Stars by Ayako Brodek and Shannon Voigt. Published in N.A. by Kodansha USA, Inc. 2013
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Tie Dye Patterns for Shirts, Decor, & More
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Minion Key Charms
- Adorable Crochet Coaster
- Glow in the Dark Table Tutorial
- Convertible Cowl Knitting Pattern
- Painted Apple Mason Jar Craft
- Cotton Candy Baby Hat Crochet Pattern
- After School Snack Painted Wooden Caddy
- Mouse Baby Hat Crochet Pattern
- Snowman Hat Crochet Pattern
- Pumpkin Baby Hat Crochet Pattern