We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
By Choly Knight
Gifted by Fox Chapel Publishing
Reviewed by Melissa Conner
The Kawaii craze is one crafters know well, though maybe not by name. In Japanese, Kawaii means cute, adorable, or loveable. Look up “kawaii crafts” on Google and you’re sure to find sweet stuffed animals, little cupcakes with faces, and fun wearable accessories that mirror popular cartoon characters well known in Japan.
For those who want to get started learning kawaii crafting, there’s Sew Kawaii!, a great book filled with 22 simple sewing projects for kids of all ages!
This colorful and easy to read book is for the young kid in all of us. These 22 cute and adorable crafts can be worn, cuddled, or even displayed as home décor. My personal favorite has to be the Jellyfish Purse. This fun accessory is so unique and fun to show off! I can’t wait to make one!
Even if you have little to no sewing experience, there are still lots of crafts in Sew Kawaii that you can make with ease. Each project has several step-by-step photos that make following the instructions so easy. With a cute code of smiley faces, hearts, clovers, and stars, author Choly Knight depicts the very easy patterns from the intermediate ones, making creating Kawaii easy and fun.
From simple keychains to the cutest darn sushi quilt you’ve ever seen, Sew Kawaii is a great book for the Peter Pan in all of us, for that one part of you that still enjoys cute cuddly stuffed animals or that takes pleasure out of wearing a dress that slightly resembles a squid!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Knotted Spiral Accent Pillow
- Candy Cane Christmas Scarf Pattern
- Mummy Mason Jar Luminary
- 15 Easy Craft Ideas, Genius Tips and DIY Projects
- Horseshoe Slouchy Cable Hat
- Yarn Wrapped Bangle
- Always Kiss Me At Midnight Cowl
- Foil Monogram Notebook
- Kindle Cover
- All Seasons Placemats