Sew Chic Kids
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Happy Homemade: Sew Chic Kids: 20 Designs That are Fun and Unique - Just Like Your Kid!
By Ruriko Yamada
Gifted by Tuttle Publishing
Reviewed by Liz Abderholden, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
Is there anything cuter than a little sundress for your daughter? Or a small button down shirt for your son? DIY clothing is great for two reasons: it can help you save money and add a personal touch to your wardrobe. With kids that are constant growing and sensitive to how good the clothes feel, DIY clothing can be a great option. If you are a mom with a sewing machine, Sew Chic Kids is the perfect book for you. Featuring 20 different designs and patterns, this book has styles for both girls and boys, and covers everything from dresses to shirts and pants. Aiming to be both comfortable and fashionable, Sew Chic Kids gives you patterns that can easily be adjusted to fit children from ages three to nine.
The book begins with a gallery of gorgeous photos showing off the various designs modeled by kids, which will help you figure out what it's supposed to look like before you create your own. It also goes over the basics like what you'll need, what type of fabric to use, instructions for each pattern, and then the patterns themselves.
Sew Chic Kids keeps the designs very simple. They aim to make the clothing fashionable, but also practical. Take the Dress with Square Neckline, for example. Your daughter will look too cute in the basic sleeveless dress with a square yoke and gathered skirt details. She'll also be able to play on the playground all day long. Beyond style and comfort, the designs also aim to be easy to wear, like the Knee-Length Short for your son, which have an elastic waist and fake fly.
Sew Chic Kids will help you create a homemade wardrobe for your kids that are both stylish as well as practical. After all, kids are kids. They're constantly running around and getting into everything and their clothes shouldn't hold them back. This book will help you create clothes that are adorable and functional all in one.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Make a Spring Wreath
- Customize Your Knitting Review
- Potted Faux Flower Craft
- How to Make Wedding Invitations and Programs
- Felt Flower Corsage Craft
- Donald Duck Inspired Shirt
- Stars and Stripes Solar Table Lamps
- Elegant Simplicity Crochet Necklace
- Quilted Book Bag Pattern
- Flower Brooch T-Shirt Craft