One Painting a Day
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
One Painting a Day: A 6-Week course in Observational Painting - Creating the Extraordinary Paintings from Everyday Experiences
By Timohty Callaghan
Gifted by Quarry Books
Reviewed by Liz Abderholden, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
If you've ever had the desire to learn how to paint, then this book is for you. One Painting a Day will guide you through a six-week course in observational painting. Breaking down the lessons into three parts, it focuses on three major traditions of observational painting: still life, landscape, and portraiture. Your goal is to create one painting a day following the exercises given. By the end you'll have learned how to take your everyday experiences and observations and turn them into fantastic pieces of artwork.
Like any other craft, practice makes perfect. Let One Painting a Day become your motivational guide to becoming a painter. You don't need any previous painting knowledge to use this book. With accessible language and organized lesson plans even the most inexperienced painter can maneuver through the instructions.
Each lesson is centered around a specific technique and skill. You'll have a description of the lesson is, a prompt for your painting, and beautiful examples of contemporary paintings that show off the technique you'll be using. It begins with basic skills like line, value, and color, all tools you'll use in later paintings. As the lessons progress, you'll move from the easier subjects like inanimate objects to the harder ones like people. With useful tips, this book spells out every detail you'll need in order to become a painting master.
By the end you'll have created 45 paintings you can hang around your house or share with your friends and family. One Painting a Day is perfect for people who want to learn to paint, or already established painters looking to for some inspiration. With this book, you can go back to school and learn a whole new craft all from the comfort of your home. Take your ordinary experiences and make them extraordinary. Pick up this book and release your inner Picasso.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Artful Handmade Wrap Bracelets
- Crazy Cool Duct Tape Projects
- Premo! Sculpey Clay
- Animal Hats
- Crafting with Felt
- Zentangle Basics Book Review
- Anna Maria's Needleworks Notebook
- Complete Guide to Ribbon Crafts
- Craft Fail: When Homemade Goes Horribly Wrong
- Cozy Knits: 50 Fast and Easy Projects from Top Designers
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Paracord Outdoor Gear Projects
- Shelbi Free Crochet Hat Pattern For Kids
- Totally Tulle DIY Fabric Flowers
- Seasonal FloraCraft Styrofoam Decor
- Tulip Color Shot Fabric Dye Set
- Book Page Paper Roses DIY Project
- Simplicity Bias Tape Maker Giveaway
- We R Memory Keepers
- Vintage Basket Easter Craft Project
- Recycled Egg Carton Easter Egg Basket