We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
By Nathalie Mornu
Gifted by Lark Books
Reviewed by Maria Nerius
This book arrived with several pieces of leather, which I thought was just brilliant. I had no excuses not to try to make some of the jewelry pieces that were included in the book. There are 30 contemporary jewelry projects to select from and I really had a hard time just picking a few of them to try. Projects include necklaces, earrings, rings, bracelets, cuffs, and hair accessories. I enjoyed reading the section called, “The Skinny on Skins” and Exotic skins. I learned a lot of very useful information about leather.
The book includes leather techniques including removing creases, cutting, sewing, punching, setting leather eyelets, setting grommets, setting snaps, and dying. The book also includes non-leather techniques in the form of explaining the basics of jewelry making, the tools, and the materials. My favorite photo was the rings created by Mari Isopahkala that were reindeer fur and silver. Very striking. My favorite project was the knotted earrings, great technique and the finished results were eye catching. Leather Jewelry is for the beginner and also anyone who loves to make jewelry with leather in mind.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Color-by-Number: Animals Review
- Jim Shore Angel Coloring Book Review
- Card Making with Cricut
- Knits for Nerds
- Needle Felting from Basics to Bears Review
- Look, Learn, & Create: Crochet
- How to Make Stuffed Animals
- A Beginner's Guide to Chalk Painting
- Mollie Makes Christmas
- Make Your Own Cute and Easy Pompoms
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Shawl Scarf Crochet Pattern
- Stunning Leather Trimmed Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Knit Look Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Bean Stitch Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Plush Basketweave Baby Blanket Pattern
- "18 Projects Every Crafter Wants" free eBook
- Amethyst DIY Jewelry Box Anthropologie Knockoff
- Retro Gumball Machine Craft
- Faux Fur DIY Wall Hangings
- Marquee Light DIY Desk Decor