Knot Thread Stitch
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Knot Thread Stitch
By Lisa Solomon
Gifted by Quarry Books
Reviewed by Melissa Conner
When you decide to conquer something as ancient as embroidery, you have to think of ways to make it new and exciting. For author Lisa Solomon, exploring creativity through embroidery and mixed media is as simple as pulling thread through fabric.
Knot, Thread, Stitch presents a modern approach to one of the oldest crafting forms in the world. Using thread, you can create fun and unique projects, textures, and color tricks that are surprising and artistic. Filled with fun and quirky ideas, like a “Fireworks Skirt” and “Embroidered Pet Portraits”, Knot, Thread, Stitch is a great book for any needle crafter.
I loved the “Multi-Eyed Monster Tote Bag”. This clever craft is made by transferring a child’s monster drawing onto a tote bag and then embroidering over it. It’s a great way to remember all those fun art projects you or your child did, and it sure beats having them sit on the fridge! Now everyone can see and admire your handiwork!
Knot, Thread, Stitch provides a fresh look at an ancient craft. These projects are creative, innovative, and will forever change how you look at a needle and thread.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Opulent Bazaar Adult Coloring Book Review
- Card Making with Cricut
- Duct Tape Bags Review
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
- A Beginner's Guide to Chalk Painting
- 20 Ways to Draw a Tree
- Crazy Cool Duct Tape Projects
- Adult Coloring Books
- Complete Guide to Ribbon Crafts
- Making Baby's Clothes
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Chain Links Pillow
- Felt Succulent Banner
- Nautical Knock-off Bracelet Pattern
- Jazzed Up Friendship Bracelet
- Striking Standard T-Shirt Pattern
- Fishtail Circle Skirt Pattern
- 1 Seam T-Shirt Bag
- Half Hour Jumbo Tote
- To the Park Sewn Bag
- Evolution Advanced Die-Cutting/Embossing Machine