Knot Thread Stitch
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Knot Thread Stitch
By Lisa Solomon
Gifted by Quarry Books
Reviewed by Melissa Conner
When you decide to conquer something as ancient as embroidery, you have to think of ways to make it new and exciting. For author Lisa Solomon, exploring creativity through embroidery and mixed media is as simple as pulling thread through fabric.
Knot, Thread, Stitch presents a modern approach to one of the oldest crafting forms in the world. Using thread, you can create fun and unique projects, textures, and color tricks that are surprising and artistic. Filled with fun and quirky ideas, like a “Fireworks Skirt” and “Embroidered Pet Portraits”, Knot, Thread, Stitch is a great book for any needle crafter.
I loved the “Multi-Eyed Monster Tote Bag”. This clever craft is made by transferring a child’s monster drawing onto a tote bag and then embroidering over it. It’s a great way to remember all those fun art projects you or your child did, and it sure beats having them sit on the fridge! Now everyone can see and admire your handiwork!
Knot, Thread, Stitch provides a fresh look at an ancient craft. These projects are creative, innovative, and will forever change how you look at a needle and thread.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Bouffants and Broken Hearts Adult Coloring Book Review
- Card Making with Cricut
- Creative Faces Adult Coloring Book Review
- Fun with Stitchables! Book Review
- Fabric Jewelry
- All Wrapped Up
- Unexpected Afghans
- Endless Sparkle
- Inspired by Zentangle Fabric Arts Quilting Embroidery
- Trash to Treasure Papermaking
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Tonic Studios
- Simple Drop Stitch Scarf
- Fun and Simple Chunky Knit Scarf
- Elegant 2017 Lucky Bracelet Tutorial
- Printable Coloring Calendar 2017: January
- Funky Tie Dye Socks
- Make Your own Miniature Barn Doors to Hide Wall Plugs
- Rotten Banana: a DIY Early Reading Game
- Stunning Toothbrush Bracelet