Knot Thread Stitch
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Knot Thread Stitch
By Lisa Solomon
Gifted by Quarry Books
Reviewed by Melissa Conner
When you decide to conquer something as ancient as embroidery, you have to think of ways to make it new and exciting. For author Lisa Solomon, exploring creativity through embroidery and mixed media is as simple as pulling thread through fabric.
Knot, Thread, Stitch presents a modern approach to one of the oldest crafting forms in the world. Using thread, you can create fun and unique projects, textures, and color tricks that are surprising and artistic. Filled with fun and quirky ideas, like a “Fireworks Skirt” and “Embroidered Pet Portraits”, Knot, Thread, Stitch is a great book for any needle crafter.
I loved the “Multi-Eyed Monster Tote Bag”. This clever craft is made by transferring a child’s monster drawing onto a tote bag and then embroidering over it. It’s a great way to remember all those fun art projects you or your child did, and it sure beats having them sit on the fridge! Now everyone can see and admire your handiwork!
Knot, Thread, Stitch provides a fresh look at an ancient craft. These projects are creative, innovative, and will forever change how you look at a needle and thread.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More