Knits of Tomorrow
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Knits of Tomorrow: Toys and Accessories for Your Retro-Future Needs
By Sue Culligan
Gifted by Interweave Press
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
Calling all math nerds, science freaks, and space lovers...we've got a book filled with the very best futuristic and geeky patterns that are sure to satisfy all your nerdy needs. With Knits of Tomorrow, you can let your nostalgic taste for sci-fi, video games, and electronic gizmos past and present go wild when knitting these playful and fun projects. With all kinds of fun geek-tastic designs, this book is a must have for fans of everything from aliens to robots.
With 20 amazing designs to select from, Knits of Tomorrow showcases some of the best and most unique patterns I've seen yet. Space mobiles, flying saucer paperweights, and robot doorstops are all included here...and you won't believe that some of these patterns are made using simple knitting instructions and methods.
As a child of the 80's and 90's, I love all of these nerdy techno-geek patterns. I couldn't help but fall in love with the Cassette Music Player Cover, which sports an old cassette tape on the front and is perfect for storing everything from change to an MP3 player. Complete with an easy-to-read chart and detailed instructions, this pattern is simple enough for knitters of all skill levels...and it would make a great gift idea for anyone who grew up with these lost cassette tapes.
If you're a fan of old radio, aliens and robots, or old school computer software, you're going to love the patterns in Knits of Tomorrow. These patterns are both functional and fun, and unlike anything else you've seen in your knitting books and magazines. So embrace your inner astronaut, your inner physicist, your inner computer-savvy self and get to creating the unique and fabulous patterns in Knits of Tomorrow.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Color-by-Number: Animals Review
- Jim Shore Angel Coloring Book Review
- Card Making with Cricut
- Knits for Nerds
- Needle Felting from Basics to Bears Review
- Look, Learn, & Create: Crochet
- How to Make Stuffed Animals
- A Beginner's Guide to Chalk Painting
- Mollie Makes Christmas
- Make Your Own Cute and Easy Pompoms
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Shawl Scarf Crochet Pattern
- Stunning Leather Trimmed Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Knit Look Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Bean Stitch Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Plush Basketweave Baby Blanket Pattern
- "18 Projects Every Crafter Wants" free eBook
- Amethyst DIY Jewelry Box Anthropologie Knockoff
- Retro Gumball Machine Craft
- Faux Fur DIY Wall Hangings
- Marquee Light DIY Desk Decor