Knits of Tomorrow
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Knits of Tomorrow: Toys and Accessories for Your Retro-Future Needs
By Sue Culligan
Gifted by Interweave Press
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
Calling all math nerds, science freaks, and space lovers...we've got a book filled with the very best futuristic and geeky patterns that are sure to satisfy all your nerdy needs. With Knits of Tomorrow, you can let your nostalgic taste for sci-fi, video games, and electronic gizmos past and present go wild when knitting these playful and fun projects. With all kinds of fun geek-tastic designs, this book is a must have for fans of everything from aliens to robots.
With 20 amazing designs to select from, Knits of Tomorrow showcases some of the best and most unique patterns I've seen yet. Space mobiles, flying saucer paperweights, and robot doorstops are all included here...and you won't believe that some of these patterns are made using simple knitting instructions and methods.
As a child of the 80's and 90's, I love all of these nerdy techno-geek patterns. I couldn't help but fall in love with the Cassette Music Player Cover, which sports an old cassette tape on the front and is perfect for storing everything from change to an MP3 player. Complete with an easy-to-read chart and detailed instructions, this pattern is simple enough for knitters of all skill levels...and it would make a great gift idea for anyone who grew up with these lost cassette tapes.
If you're a fan of old radio, aliens and robots, or old school computer software, you're going to love the patterns in Knits of Tomorrow. These patterns are both functional and fun, and unlike anything else you've seen in your knitting books and magazines. So embrace your inner astronaut, your inner physicist, your inner computer-savvy self and get to creating the unique and fabulous patterns in Knits of Tomorrow.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Wood, Craft, Love
- No-Sew Fleece Throws
- Sand, Sand, Sand!
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
- Crazy Cool Duct Tape Projects
- Bling It Up!
- Embroidery Stitch Guide
- Rubber Band Loom Crafts
- Paracord Outdoor Gear Projects
- Preschool Parties Easy Ideas for Princesses, Pirates and Other Little People
- 12 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Tie Dye Patterns for Shirts, Decor, & More
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 19 Fun and Easy Paper Crafts for Kids
- Ornamental Easter Eggs
- Knit Bow Tie Dog Collar Free Knitting Pattern
- Robyn Josephs
- Easter Bunny Canvas
- Little Bunny Easy Sewing Pattern
- Scottish Terrier Dog Crochet Amigurumi Pattern
- "The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More" free eBook
- Silly Kids DIY Shoe Decoration
- Stenciled Chalkboard Happy Birthday Card