Knits of Tomorrow
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Knits of Tomorrow: Toys and Accessories for Your Retro-Future Needs
By Sue Culligan
Gifted by Interweave Press
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
Calling all math nerds, science freaks, and space lovers...we've got a book filled with the very best futuristic and geeky patterns that are sure to satisfy all your nerdy needs. With Knits of Tomorrow, you can let your nostalgic taste for sci-fi, video games, and electronic gizmos past and present go wild when knitting these playful and fun projects. With all kinds of fun geek-tastic designs, this book is a must have for fans of everything from aliens to robots.
With 20 amazing designs to select from, Knits of Tomorrow showcases some of the best and most unique patterns I've seen yet. Space mobiles, flying saucer paperweights, and robot doorstops are all included here...and you won't believe that some of these patterns are made using simple knitting instructions and methods.
As a child of the 80's and 90's, I love all of these nerdy techno-geek patterns. I couldn't help but fall in love with the Cassette Music Player Cover, which sports an old cassette tape on the front and is perfect for storing everything from change to an MP3 player. Complete with an easy-to-read chart and detailed instructions, this pattern is simple enough for knitters of all skill levels...and it would make a great gift idea for anyone who grew up with these lost cassette tapes.
If you're a fan of old radio, aliens and robots, or old school computer software, you're going to love the patterns in Knits of Tomorrow. These patterns are both functional and fun, and unlike anything else you've seen in your knitting books and magazines. So embrace your inner astronaut, your inner physicist, your inner computer-savvy self and get to creating the unique and fabulous patterns in Knits of Tomorrow.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- Pastel Peaks Crochet Baby Hat Pattern
- Recycled Crowns from Foil Wrapping Paper
- DIY Butterfly Valentine's Day Card Box Holder
- 44 Easy Craft Projects For Adults
- Quick and Easy DIY Label
- Block Stitch Bun Hat Pattern
- Terrarium in a Mason Jar Gift Idea
- Basic Baby Booties
- 13 Free Crochet Doily Patterns for Beginners