Happy Homemade Sew Chic
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Happy Homemade Sew Chic
By Yoshiko Tsukiori
Gifted by Tuttle Publishing
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
I've been telling myself that I need to learn how to make my own clothes for years. I'm sure I don't speak for just myself when I say that I'm sick and tired of spending money on clothing that I know I can make for a quarter of the price! Luckily author Yoshiko Tsukiori understands, and has gathered 20 great everyday designs that are perfect for all body shapes.
Happy Homemade Sew Chic features 20 relaxed, fun, and timeless do-it-yourself clothing patterns. With everything from pants to tops, skirts to dresses, this book is all you need to completely revamp your closet. With simple sewing lines, these patterns are great for women of all ages and sizes, and sewists of all skill levels. With a complete western-sized sewing pattern for each design in this book, it's simple and easy to adjust the pattern to fit your body form.
Happy Homemade Sew Chic starts off with full-color photos of all 20 patterns. Browse through these pictures to find something you like. Organized in alphabetical order, looking at the photos first allow you to "shop around" for the perfect pattern for you. Once you've selected your project, you can move right along to learning a few Basic Techniques if you're a beginner, or jump right in to sewing if you're more advanced. Even if you are a beginner, there's nothing holding you back from making any of these patterns. With step-by-step photos of how to set up your sewing machine, how to make a pattern and account for seam allowance, this book makes creating your own clothes easy and fun.
Each project in Happy Homemade Sew Chic comes with a detailed materials list, as well as step-by-step illustrations of every step along the way. Every pattern is also included in this book, so you can make one thing or everything from Happy Homemade Sew Chic!
If you've been itching to make your own clothes or learn to start using your sewing machine, you're going to love the patterns and projects in Happy Homemade Sew Chic. From the very simple to the more challenging, there's something for everyone in this collection of comfortable and chic handmade clothes.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Cozy Knits: 50 Fast and Easy Projects from Top Designers
- Animal Hats
- Premo! Sculpey Clay
- Crazy Cool Duct Tape Projects
- Quilt Boutique
- The Simple Art of Japanese Papercrafts
- Craft Fail: When Homemade Goes Horribly Wrong
- Anna Maria's Needleworks Notebook
- Duct Tape Your Heart Out!
- How to Make 100 Bead Embroidery Motifs
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Christmas Craft Ideas: Ornaments, Decorations, and Homemade Gifts for Christmas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Recycled Detergent Lid Pincushion
- Ombre Tie Dye Shirt Wall Art
- Beaded Crochet Choker
- Crochet Dog Doo Doo Bag Holder
- Baby Heart Crochet Beanie
- Funky Crochet Earbud Wrap
- Ariel's Beaded Crochet Headband
- Knitted Plastic Bag Dispenser
- Last-Minute T-Shirt Necklace
- Perfectly Pretty Crochet Purse Pattern