We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
By Malka Dubrawsky
Gifted by Interweave
Reviewed by Melissa Conner
These aren’t your grandma’s quilts. In fact, they’re not your mom’s quilts, either. The quilt projects in Fresh Quilting are bright and colorful, mismatched in the best way, and great for new quilters who are looking to add a fresh hip twist to their next quilting project.
Fresh Quilting is a book designed for the beginning quilter. With two chapters devoted to basic terminology and supplies, as well as must-know techniques and tools of the trade, Fresh Quilting is a great guide for those who are new to this old aged hobby.
As a new quilter myself, I turned to Fresh Quilting several times as I began working on my first project. The first thirty pages were so helpful as I started, teaching me all the different stitches, what stitch works best for what project, and what all the lingo really means…so it’s much easier to read a pattern when I find one that I like.
And did I ever! I can’t wait to make everything in Fresh Quilting! This book is full to the brim with beautiful and colorful quilts that I would be proud to show off in any way I could. And I was so happy to see that there weren’t only quilts in this book…but pot holders, scarves, coin purses, coasters, pillows, sewing machine covers, and so much more! In fact, in this collection of 20 projects, there’s only 5 or 6 actual quilt projects…the others use quilting techniques to create something really fun and colorful!
It was hard to pick a favorite project in Fresh Quilting, but I think I’ve settled on Nate’s Quilt. This fun and whimsical quilt will brighten up a room in no time…and the patterns and colors author Malka Dubrawsky selects for this project surprisingly work so well together. For people who love color and design, Fresh Quilting is a must have!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Winter Frost DIY Succulent Planters
- New Year's Ball Drop Display
- Metallic Glittered Star Assortment
- Country Christmas Pine Trees
- Charming Royal Hexagon Tea Towel
- Vintage Decoupage Tea Towel Notebook
- Custom Canvas Wall Accent
- Felt Flower Book Hugger Bookmark
- 80s Style Painted Tees
- Adorable Recycled Skirt Pouch