We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
By Malka Dubrawsky
Gifted by Interweave
Reviewed by Melissa Conner
These aren’t your grandma’s quilts. In fact, they’re not your mom’s quilts, either. The quilt projects in Fresh Quilting are bright and colorful, mismatched in the best way, and great for new quilters who are looking to add a fresh hip twist to their next quilting project.
Fresh Quilting is a book designed for the beginning quilter. With two chapters devoted to basic terminology and supplies, as well as must-know techniques and tools of the trade, Fresh Quilting is a great guide for those who are new to this old aged hobby.
As a new quilter myself, I turned to Fresh Quilting several times as I began working on my first project. The first thirty pages were so helpful as I started, teaching me all the different stitches, what stitch works best for what project, and what all the lingo really means…so it’s much easier to read a pattern when I find one that I like.
And did I ever! I can’t wait to make everything in Fresh Quilting! This book is full to the brim with beautiful and colorful quilts that I would be proud to show off in any way I could. And I was so happy to see that there weren’t only quilts in this book…but pot holders, scarves, coin purses, coasters, pillows, sewing machine covers, and so much more! In fact, in this collection of 20 projects, there’s only 5 or 6 actual quilt projects…the others use quilting techniques to create something really fun and colorful!
It was hard to pick a favorite project in Fresh Quilting, but I think I’ve settled on Nate’s Quilt. This fun and whimsical quilt will brighten up a room in no time…and the patterns and colors author Malka Dubrawsky selects for this project surprisingly work so well together. For people who love color and design, Fresh Quilting is a must have!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Embroidery Stitch Guide
- Little Aran and Celtic Knits for Kids
- Leisure Arts Plastic Canvas Collection
- A Beginner's Guide to Chalk Painting
- New and Creative Paracord Crafts
- Crazy Cool Duct Tape Projects
- Kitchen Essentials
- Card Making with Cricut
- Unexpected Afghans
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
- 12 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Tie Dye Patterns for Shirts, Decor, & More
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Full of Love Crochet Mason Jar Cozy Pattern
- Colorful DIY Agenda Planner
- Blinged Out DIY Cell Phone Case
- Egg Carton Flower Fairies
- Spring Flower DIY Wreath
- Ric Rac Rose Earrings
- Toilet Paper Roll Paint Stamps
- Paper Dolls Crochet Shawlette Pattern
- Teresa Collins Scrapbooking Set
- Pretty Hydrangea DIY Paper Flowers