We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
By Malka Dubrawsky
Gifted by Interweave
Reviewed by Melissa Conner
These aren’t your grandma’s quilts. In fact, they’re not your mom’s quilts, either. The quilt projects in Fresh Quilting are bright and colorful, mismatched in the best way, and great for new quilters who are looking to add a fresh hip twist to their next quilting project.
Fresh Quilting is a book designed for the beginning quilter. With two chapters devoted to basic terminology and supplies, as well as must-know techniques and tools of the trade, Fresh Quilting is a great guide for those who are new to this old aged hobby.
As a new quilter myself, I turned to Fresh Quilting several times as I began working on my first project. The first thirty pages were so helpful as I started, teaching me all the different stitches, what stitch works best for what project, and what all the lingo really means…so it’s much easier to read a pattern when I find one that I like.
And did I ever! I can’t wait to make everything in Fresh Quilting! This book is full to the brim with beautiful and colorful quilts that I would be proud to show off in any way I could. And I was so happy to see that there weren’t only quilts in this book…but pot holders, scarves, coin purses, coasters, pillows, sewing machine covers, and so much more! In fact, in this collection of 20 projects, there’s only 5 or 6 actual quilt projects…the others use quilting techniques to create something really fun and colorful!
It was hard to pick a favorite project in Fresh Quilting, but I think I’ve settled on Nate’s Quilt. This fun and whimsical quilt will brighten up a room in no time…and the patterns and colors author Malka Dubrawsky selects for this project surprisingly work so well together. For people who love color and design, Fresh Quilting is a must have!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Artful Handmade Wrap Bracelets
- Crazy Cool Duct Tape Projects
- Anna Maria's Needleworks Notebook
- Duct Tape Your Heart Out!
- Craft Fail: When Homemade Goes Horribly Wrong
- Premo! Sculpey Clay
- Animal Hats
- Cozy Knits: 50 Fast and Easy Projects from Top Designers
- Crafting with Felt
- Zentangle Basics Book Review
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Clover Sewing Prize Pack
- Little B
- Little B Embellishment Bundle
- Sprinrite Basket of Bulky Yarn
- Arch Columns Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Baby's First Valentine's Day Shirt
- Dyed Leopard Print Easter Egg Craft
- Polymer Clay Shamrock Pin St. Patrick's Day Craft
- Sparkly St. Patrick's Day Treat Bags
- Stenciled Ornament Kit from Stencil1