We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
by Kristen TenDyke
Gifted by Interweave Press
Reviewed by Jaclyn Holtzman
Love clicking your knitting needles together, but hate the sight of a sewing needle and thread? Many knitters, like Kristen TenDyke, shy away from finishing an entire project because of the dreaded piecing together that is inevitable. TenDyke has made the inevitable unnecessary. Thanks to her fear of sewing, you can now knit an entire sweater, dress, cardigan, and more without the mention of thread. Finish-Free Knits is a brilliant guide to no-hassle knits with darling patterns and beautiful results.
I love that the patterns in Finish-Free Knits are timeless and ageless. There are knits in this handbook that would look just as great on a teen as it would on a lady rounding 80. Of course there are also the pieces that are age-specific, but luckily, there are patterns like that for every age. Finish-Free Knits leaves no knitter out.
TenDyke addresses all levels as there are garments that are perfect for beginners and pieces that will challenge even the master knitters. Learn new techniques with Finish-Free Knits as you focus on the art of knitting rather than the fear of sewing. The more advanced patterns work towards shaping sleeve caps and pockets to develop unique, first-rate garments.
The instructions in this lovely book are thorough, and there are at least two pictures, usually five, for each pattern, ensuring that you're never left in the dark. The photos are vibrant and colorful, leaving your fingers itching to pick up some yarn. My favorite piece in the book is titled "Honor Pullover," and it has a wide V-neck collar showing just enough collar bone. The sweater is perfectly fitted as waist shaping is not forgotten in the flirty design.
Remember your love of knitting as you ditch the needle and thread, which constantly come between you and a finished project. Finish-Free Knits puts the love back into knitting and helps you put together a whole new wardrobe with 20 to-die-for pieces.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Roller Skate Booties
- Pom-Pom Booties from 'Vintage Knits'
- Washi Tape Bangle Bracelet
- A-Line Sleeveless Dress for Girls
- DIY Nightstand from an Old Wine Crate
- Easy Square Coaster
- Sun Suit Pattern
- "I Heart You" Crochet Pillow Pattern
- Slip Stitch Hat
- Unforgettable One Skein Knit Scarf