Creative Effects in Sock Knitting: Op Art Socks
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Creative Effects in Sock Knitting: Op-Art Socks
By Stephanie van der Linden
Gifted by Interweave Press
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
As the cold wind blows and the freezing rain falls, there's just nothing better than curling up with a warm cup of coffee and a nice pair of warm handmade socks. Knitting your own socks is a fun way to spend an afternoon, and handmade socks always make wonderful gift ideas for any occasion. You can make them in any color you'd like and, with the fun patterns you'll find in Creative Effects in Sock Knitting, you won't believe what you can do with a pair of needles and some yarn.
With 19 amazing pattern techniques, Creative Effects in Sock Knitting is not for the casual knitter. These patterns are intricate and detailed, yet the result is truly rewarding. You'll learn how to make socks that look nothing like anything you've made before, and no one will believe that you made them yourself! The Yaacov pattern, for example, gives the illusion colored circles within circles, a true wonder to behold and something I never thought I could create by knitting.
Each pattern in this beautiful book comes with an easy-to-read chart, as well as a variety of photos to help you along the way. The instructions are easy to read and follow and you can easily make these socks in a variety of sizes to suit all kinds of feet. Additionally, black-and-white watches of all patterns are included so that readers may readily perceive the op-art illusions in each piece.
Dizzying and eye-catching, the patterns in Creative Effects in Sock Knitting challenge the average knitter and raise the bar for sock and pattern knitting.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Wrap Up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Quick & Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- Quick and Easy Decoupage from Plaid
- Homemade Christmas Gift Guide
- 9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make
- The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide
- Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects From Plaid
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- T-shirt DIY Dog Toy
- Reversible Fabric DIY Headbands
- Pretty Bird DIY Birdhouses
- Denim Pockets DIY Organizer
- Snowball Fight Snowman Crafts
- Heart Stamped DIY Box
- Girls' Bolero Free Sewing Pattern
- Magnet Makeover Chalkboard Paint Ideas
- Last-Minute DIY Valentine
- Paper Box DIY Candle Holder