Creative Dyeing for Fabric Arts
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Creative Dyeing for Fabric Arts
By Suzanne McNeill
Gifted by Design Originals
Reviewed by Melissa Conner
Have you ever accidently washed a marker that was in the pocket of your pants or sweater and opened the machine to find a tie dye mess? Well, Suzanne McNeill is using that basic principle to create beautiful works of art that you can wear or display in your home.
Creative Dyeing for Fabric Arts is a colorful and fun book filled with great tie dye ideas for clothes, scarves, canvases, and more. With permanent markers and alcohol inks, you can create stunning art pieces that look professional!
As I read through Creative Dyeing for Fabric Arts, I kept coming back to a canvas print McNeill titles “Stampede”. Made with Copic markers, which are available in hundreds of colors, this print depicts a wild herd of horses, but the colors are simply outstanding! Bright reds, oranges, and yellows make this one art piece I’d be proud to hang on my wall!
Creative Dyeing also has great ideas for wearable art as well. Tie dye shirts and scarves are easy to make with marker ink, and people will have a hard time believing you didn’t buy your shawl at an antique shop!
Creative Dyeing for Fabric Arts is a great book filled with 20 different projects to make with fabric and markers. There’s also several before and after tutorials where McNeill shows you what the marker design looks like before and after it’s “treated”, that way you can apply these basic principles of fabric dying to your own crafts and projects!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Card Making with Cricut
- Very Merry Coloring and Color Your Own Christmas Ornaments Books Review
- Jessica Palmer's Tangle Magic, Tangle Bay and Tangle Wood Coloring Books Review
- Altered Surfaces
- Zentangle Basics Book Review
- Joy of Zentangle
- Matboard Magic and Foamboard Magic
- A Priceless Wedding
- Complete Guide to Ribbon Crafts
- Creating Beaded and Wire Earrings
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Dr. Knit's Curious Creatures Book Review
- Cool Comforts Knit Throw
- Casual Cables Throw
- Color Dip Scarf
- Premier Deluxe Interchangeable Needle Set
- Mason Jar DIY Herb Garden Infographic
- Solar Robot Coloring Page
- Spring Flowers Adult Coloring Page
- Rusty the Robot Coloring Page
- Robot on the Beach Coloring Page