Creative Beaded Jewelry
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Creative Beaded Jewelry: 33 Exquisite Designs Inspired by the Arts of China, Japan, India and Tibet
By Carolyn Schulz
Gifted by Tuttle Publishing
Reviewed by Molly Fletcher, FaveCrafts Editor
Asian-inspired crafts are all the rage now in the fashion world. You can get in on the action without spending a fortune on new jewelry when you crack open Creative Beaded Jewelry: 33 Exquisite Designs Inspired by the Arts of China, Japan, India and Tibet. Author Carolyn Schulz celebrates the beauty of Eastern culture with this gorgeous illustrated guide. There are 80 pages jewelry tutorials and tips on how to make your Asian-inspired jewelry truly shine.
If you're in the dark about what Eastern-inspired jewelry might look like, consider yourself a student in Schulz's Asian Studies master class. Using beads of all materials, from crystal and glass to fabric and wood, Schulz draws inspiration from Tibetan prayer beads, Chinese geishas, floral and butterfly motifs, and Eastern vases and carvings. Despite their ancient origins, each of the 33 designs in Creative Beaded Jewelry would look right at home on the runway.
No matter what your experience level when it comes to jewelry making, this book has a project to suit your strengths. Whether you're interested in the finer points of knotted jewelry or just want to find out how to keep your beads from bunching together, Creative Beaded Jewelry has the answer in one of its step-by-step tutorials. In addition to the fabulous illustrations, this book contains over 100 diagrams to make putting these pieces of jewelry together even easier.
Even if you've been making jewelry for years, you're bound to learn something from Creative Beaded Jewelry. Schulz takes time to explain the Asian aesthetic behind every project, so you'll get a feel for what makes Eastern design so unique. This book will also familiarize you with a variety of materials for jewelry making, including chain, beading wire, memory wire, elastic cord, and cotton cord. Each chapter begins with an explanation of a stringing method, so you'll learn different techniques as well.
Creative Beaded Jewelry is a must-have guide for jewelry making experts and novices alike. With its detailed diagrams, beautiful illustrations, and helpful tips, anyone can learn how to make these exquisite creations and learn about Eastern culture at the same time.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Card Making with Cricut
- Very Merry Coloring and Color Your Own Christmas Ornaments Books Review
- Jessica Palmer's Tangle Magic, Tangle Bay and Tangle Wood Coloring Books Review
- Altered Surfaces
- Zentangle Basics Book Review
- Joy of Zentangle
- Matboard Magic and Foamboard Magic
- A Priceless Wedding
- Complete Guide to Ribbon Crafts
- Creating Beaded and Wire Earrings
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Resting Dragon Coloring Page
- Dragon Fire Coloring Page
- You Are Loved Coloring Page
- Dream It Coloring Page
- Hello Lovely Doodles Coloring Page
- Hello Lovely Unicorn Coloring Page
- Color My Heart Happy Coloring Page
- With Kindness Coloring Page
- Follow Your Heart Coloring Page
- Power of Love Coloring Page