Creative Beaded Jewelry
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Creative Beaded Jewelry: 33 Exquisite Designs Inspired by the Arts of China, Japan, India and Tibet
By Carolyn Schulz
Gifted by Tuttle Publishing
Reviewed by Molly Fletcher, FaveCrafts Editor
Asian-inspired crafts are all the rage now in the fashion world. You can get in on the action without spending a fortune on new jewelry when you crack open Creative Beaded Jewelry: 33 Exquisite Designs Inspired by the Arts of China, Japan, India and Tibet. Author Carolyn Schulz celebrates the beauty of Eastern culture with this gorgeous illustrated guide. There are 80 pages jewelry tutorials and tips on how to make your Asian-inspired jewelry truly shine.
If you're in the dark about what Eastern-inspired jewelry might look like, consider yourself a student in Schulz's Asian Studies master class. Using beads of all materials, from crystal and glass to fabric and wood, Schulz draws inspiration from Tibetan prayer beads, Chinese geishas, floral and butterfly motifs, and Eastern vases and carvings. Despite their ancient origins, each of the 33 designs in Creative Beaded Jewelry would look right at home on the runway.
No matter what your experience level when it comes to jewelry making, this book has a project to suit your strengths. Whether you're interested in the finer points of knotted jewelry or just want to find out how to keep your beads from bunching together, Creative Beaded Jewelry has the answer in one of its step-by-step tutorials. In addition to the fabulous illustrations, this book contains over 100 diagrams to make putting these pieces of jewelry together even easier.
Even if you've been making jewelry for years, you're bound to learn something from Creative Beaded Jewelry. Schulz takes time to explain the Asian aesthetic behind every project, so you'll get a feel for what makes Eastern design so unique. This book will also familiarize you with a variety of materials for jewelry making, including chain, beading wire, memory wire, elastic cord, and cotton cord. Each chapter begins with an explanation of a stringing method, so you'll learn different techniques as well.
Creative Beaded Jewelry is a must-have guide for jewelry making experts and novices alike. With its detailed diagrams, beautiful illustrations, and helpful tips, anyone can learn how to make these exquisite creations and learn about Eastern culture at the same time.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- The Hand-Stitched Flower Garden
- Adult Coloring Books
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
- Cold Weather Crochet
- Craft-a-Day: 365 Simple Handmade Projects
- The Little Encyclopedia of Baby Blankets
- Lacy Wire Jewelry
- 10 Minute Blocks 2
- Quick and Easy Paint Transformations
- The Creative Entrepreneur
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- It's A Boy Light-Up Card
- Monogrammed China Plate
- DIY Felt Flowers
- Baby Octopus Crochet Applique
- Happy Thoughts Printable Coloring Page
- Gathered Waist Summer Dress Pattern
- Glass Pedestal Flower Holders
- DIY Pebble Coasters
- Back-to-School Crayon Art
- Flower Swirl Doodle Pages