We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
By Amy Kopperude
Gifted by Creative Publishing International
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
It may be hard to believe, but the creepy crawly bugs that feather our backyards are true wonders of the animal kingdom. From the pesky mosquito to the stunning dragonfly, these bugs that crawl, fly, scamper, and slither are truly magnificent and can inspire some really creative and fun jewelry projects!
In Bead Bugs, author Amy Kopperude uses the kingdom of insects and arachnids to inspire some really unique and fun beaded jewelry projects. Broken down into 23 tutorials, this book offers readers lots of fun ways to use beads to create spiders, flys, mosquitos, and lady bugs that you'll be proud to have in your home.
The great thing about the projects in Bead Bugs is that you only need a few simple beading tools to get started. Pliers, wire cutters, wire and cord, and a colorful assortment of beads are really all you need to make all the projects in this book. You can also add more life to your bugs by decorating them with markers, Mod Podge, paint, or marbles.
What I love the most about the projects featured in Bead Bugs is that each one is broken down step-by-step, with easy to follow photos that show you every step of the process. The Honeybee Tea Infuser is my favorite project. With cute vintage beads and an easy-to-make honeybee that hangs off the side of your mug, this infuser would make a wonderful gift for a tea lover and is a project you can easily whip up on a rainy afternoon. Each step of the project is presented in a way that's easy to follow and, with full color step-by-step photos, I'm able to ensure that I get the best result the first time.
If you're a crafter who loves a challenge and you're looking for some fun and clever ways to work through your bead stash, be sure to check out the projects in Bead Bugs. You'll never look at a spider the same way again!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- The Little Encyclopedia of Baby Blankets
- Paracord Outdoor Gear Projects
- Craft-a-Day: 365 Simple Handmade Projects
- Crazy Cool Duct Tape Projects
- Leisure Arts Plastic Canvas Collection
- Past & Present
- How to Make 100 Crochet Appliques
- 2 Hour Crafting Treasures
- Steampunk Chic
- 99 Cross Stitch Luvable Pets
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Hemp Cord
- Winter Frost DIY Succulent Planters
- New Year's Ball Drop Display
- Metallic Glittered Star Assortment
- Country Christmas Pine Trees
- Charming Royal Hexagon Tea Towel
- Vintage Decoupage Tea Towel Notebook
- Custom Canvas Wall Accent
- Felt Flower Book Hugger Bookmark
- 80s Style Painted Tees