Anatomy of Steampunk
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Anatomy of Steampunk
By Katherine Gleason
Gifted by Race Point Publishing
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
Who would have thought that wearing mismatched buttons, gears and bolts, vintage clocks, chains, and broken jewelry pieces would be a fashion movement? Though you may not have heard of it, Steampunk Fashion has come to encompass quite a few different looks, from amazing costumes and ensembles to casual street styles. Originally conceived as a literary genre, the term "Steampunk" described stories set in a steam-powered, science fiction-infused, Victorian London. Today, it's transformed into an amazing art form, and in Anatomy of Steampunk: The Fashion of Victorian Futurism, you can see exactly how it's gotten hold of the fashion industry.
Gathering the styles and fashions of more than 50 Steampunk designers, Anatomy of Steampunk is a glorious look into this world of metal and Victorian embellishments. Inspiring people from all walks of life, including high fashion designers, crafters, home sewers, and more, Steampunk allows for entertaining, dynamic, colorful, and sexy attire that is truly a work of art all on its own.
Each participating Steampunk designer in Anatomy of Steampunk gets an amazing full-page spread so you can see some great and inspirational costume and accessory ideas from the best in the industry. Each designer also has a little bio about how they got started creating Steampunk designs and some even have tutorials to teach you how to create your very own Steampunk accessories.
Acting more as an inspirational guide than a how-to guide, Anatomy of Steampunk is a great coffee table book, filled with absolutely amazing artistic designs and costumes. For lovers of Victorian-age fashion, metal work, or just those who love unique and fun clothing, this book is sure to give you a whole new look at the world of high fashion.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Card Making with Cricut
- Color-by-Number: Animals Review
- Hello! Macrame
- Adult Coloring Book Treasury Review
- Beading In No Time
- Leisure Arts Plastic Canvas Collection
- Jim Shore Angel Coloring Book Review
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
- A Beginner's Guide to Chalk Painting
- Let's Have a Party
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Purple Beginner Shawl
- Recycled T-Shirt Quilt Pattern
- Shawl Scarf Crochet Pattern
- Stunning Leather Trimmed Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Knit Look Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Bean Stitch Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Plush Basketweave Baby Blanket Pattern
- "18 Projects Every Crafter Wants" free eBook
- Amethyst DIY Jewelry Box Anthropologie Knockoff
- Retro Gumball Machine Craft