A Knitters Home Companion: A Heartwarming Collection of Stories Patterns and Recipes
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
A Knitter’s Home Companion: A Heartwarming Collection of Stories, Patterns, and Recipes
By Michelle Edwards
Photographs by Jen Gotch
Gifted by Abrams Books
Book Review by Bridget Hardy, FaveCrafts.com Editor
Take a trip through the pleasant life of Michelle Edwards and read her book, A Knitter’s Home Companion. Edwards has graciously shared her favorite knit projects and recipes for us to enjoy. This book does not include step by step instructions how to knit. Instead, Edwards in sharing with us what the joys and purpose of knitting are in her life.
It becomes clear from the writing style: Edwards has a personal relationship with knitting. She was taught to knit as a spacey child, a “nudnik,” who needed to calm down. Now, she depends on knitting to pass her time, make her feel at home and restful, and to supply her family with knitted necessities. My favorite pattern of Edwards is her Chicken Egg Warmers design. The egg warmers are just adorable and something I would never imagine crafting myself. My kitchen is yellow and red, spotted with chickens and egg references, so Edward’s Chicken Egg Warmers are the perfect homemade décor!
I also love Edward’s fast projects, such as Quick and Easy First Socks and Quick and Easy Mittens. They are simple yet classy, and easy for me to follow. Seasoned knitters will respect Edward’s thoughtful patterns, such as Updated Ripple Afghan design. The story behind her patterns make them that much more amazing.
And, after knitting, you won’t feel stressed about dinner thanks to recipes in Edward’s book! Trust me: this all-in-one knitting story and help book is everything you will ever want to have next to you while knitting.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Finding Your Motivation Coloring Book Review
- Matboard Magic and Foamboard Magic
- Card Making with Cricut
- Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Word
- A Knitters Home Companion: A Heartwarming Collection of Stories Patterns and Recipes
- All-Occasion Paper Crafting
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
- Quilt Boutique
- A Green Guide to Country Crafts
- Super Cute Felt
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- 12 Easter Egg Ideas & Easter Crafts for Adults
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Faux Fur Crossbody Bag
- Rustic Wedding in a Barn
- DIY Burlap Aisle Runner
- Shell N Picots Slouch Hat
- Recycled Pallet and Scrap Booking Shelf
- Stamped Matilda Inspired Hoodie
- Candy Corn Fabric Wreath
- Fall Burlap Wreath
- Big Knit Easy Blanket Sweater
- Pick Your State Printable Art