A Knitters Home Companion: A Heartwarming Collection of Stories Patterns and Recipes
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
A Knitter’s Home Companion: A Heartwarming Collection of Stories, Patterns, and Recipes
By Michelle Edwards
Photographs by Jen Gotch
Gifted by Abrams Books
Book Review by Bridget Hardy, FaveCrafts.com Editor
Take a trip through the pleasant life of Michelle Edwards and read her book, A Knitter’s Home Companion. Edwards has graciously shared her favorite knit projects and recipes for us to enjoy. This book does not include step by step instructions how to knit. Instead, Edwards in sharing with us what the joys and purpose of knitting are in her life.
It becomes clear from the writing style: Edwards has a personal relationship with knitting. She was taught to knit as a spacey child, a “nudnik,” who needed to calm down. Now, she depends on knitting to pass her time, make her feel at home and restful, and to supply her family with knitted necessities. My favorite pattern of Edwards is her Chicken Egg Warmers design. The egg warmers are just adorable and something I would never imagine crafting myself. My kitchen is yellow and red, spotted with chickens and egg references, so Edward’s Chicken Egg Warmers are the perfect homemade décor!
I also love Edward’s fast projects, such as Quick and Easy First Socks and Quick and Easy Mittens. They are simple yet classy, and easy for me to follow. Seasoned knitters will respect Edward’s thoughtful patterns, such as Updated Ripple Afghan design. The story behind her patterns make them that much more amazing.
And, after knitting, you won’t feel stressed about dinner thanks to recipes in Edward’s book! Trust me: this all-in-one knitting story and help book is everything you will ever want to have next to you while knitting.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Creative Faces Adult Coloring Book Review
- Card Making with Cricut
- Customize Your Knitting Review
- Opulent Bazaar Adult Coloring Book Review
- Crazy Cool Duct Tape Projects
- How to Make 100 Paper Flowers
- Unexpected Afghans
- 20 Ways to Draw a Tree
- 10 Minute Blocks 2
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Roller Skate Booties
- Pom-Pom Booties from 'Vintage Knits'
- Washi Tape Bangle Bracelet
- A-Line Sleeveless Dress for Girls
- DIY Nightstand from an Old Wine Crate
- Easy Square Coaster
- Sun Suit Pattern
- "I Heart You" Crochet Pillow Pattern
- Slip Stitch Hat
- Unforgettable One Skein Knit Scarf