A Knitters Home Companion: A Heartwarming Collection of Stories Patterns and Recipes
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
A Knitter’s Home Companion: A Heartwarming Collection of Stories, Patterns, and Recipes
By Michelle Edwards
Photographs by Jen Gotch
Gifted by Abrams Books
Book Review by Bridget Hardy, FaveCrafts.com Editor
Take a trip through the pleasant life of Michelle Edwards and read her book, A Knitter’s Home Companion. Edwards has graciously shared her favorite knit projects and recipes for us to enjoy. This book does not include step by step instructions how to knit. Instead, Edwards in sharing with us what the joys and purpose of knitting are in her life.
It becomes clear from the writing style: Edwards has a personal relationship with knitting. She was taught to knit as a spacey child, a “nudnik,” who needed to calm down. Now, she depends on knitting to pass her time, make her feel at home and restful, and to supply her family with knitted necessities. My favorite pattern of Edwards is her Chicken Egg Warmers design. The egg warmers are just adorable and something I would never imagine crafting myself. My kitchen is yellow and red, spotted with chickens and egg references, so Edward’s Chicken Egg Warmers are the perfect homemade décor!
I also love Edward’s fast projects, such as Quick and Easy First Socks and Quick and Easy Mittens. They are simple yet classy, and easy for me to follow. Seasoned knitters will respect Edward’s thoughtful patterns, such as Updated Ripple Afghan design. The story behind her patterns make them that much more amazing.
And, after knitting, you won’t feel stressed about dinner thanks to recipes in Edward’s book! Trust me: this all-in-one knitting story and help book is everything you will ever want to have next to you while knitting.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Arch Columns Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Baby's First Valentine's Day Shirt
- Dyed Leopard Print Easter Egg Craft
- Polymer Clay Shamrock Pin St. Patrick's Day Craft
- Sparkly St. Patrick's Day Treat Bags
- Stenciled Ornament Kit from Stencil1
- Beaders Delight Box from Cousin
- Plaid Prize Pack
- Styrofoam Kits and Gift Cards from DOW Chemical
- Sizzix Big Shot Starter Kit