A Green Guide to Country Crafts
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
A Green Guide to Country Crafts
by Nicola Gouldsmith and Jacqueline Mann
Gifted by CICO Books
Reviewed by Melissa Conner
As technology continually moves us forward at lightning speed, there seems to be a desire, a yearning, to return to a simpler way of life. People all over the world are turning to thrifty solutions to help save money or even engage in some creativity. Whether it be handmade soap, natural dying, candle making, or even quilting, country crafts have always had a way of bringing us “back home”…giving us that feeling of comfort and safety that we look for in our everyday life.
In A Green Guide to Country Crafts, authors Nicola Gouldsmith and Jacqui Mann remind us just how relevant the techniques of yesterday are today. Filled with 35 step-by-step projects that can be endlessly adapted for any occasion, A Green Guide to Country Crafts is a book for those who are looking for small ways on how to simplify their lives.
One of my favorite things about A Green Guide to Country Crafts is that all of the beautiful projects included in this book can be endlessly adapted for any occasion. The Terra Cotta Candle Pots look stunning just as they are…but with a little pink or blue ribbon, they would make great party favors for a baby shower. And the Appliqued Cushions would be perfect for the springtime…but with various fabric scraps, you could make pillows using this technique for every season!
Each craft in A Green Guide to Country Crafts comes with 3-8 step by step photos, so there’s practically no confusion as you learn to make your own candles and soaps. The photos themselves are absolutely stunning and the directions are simply put and easy to follow.
One thing that sets this book apart from books like it is that it actually teaches you lifelong skills that you, too, can pass on to family and friends. Not only do you learn how to make Cocoa Butter Soap, but you learn the tools and techniques of soap making, so you’ll be able to make whatever soaps you’d like!
Like an old friend, a cherished recipe, or a favorite blanket, A Green Guide to Country Crafts is a book you’ll find yourself coming back to again and again.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Winter Frost DIY Succulent Planters
- New Year's Ball Drop Display
- Metallic Glittered Star Assortment
- Country Christmas Pine Trees
- Charming Royal Hexagon Tea Towel
- Vintage Decoupage Tea Towel Notebook
- Custom Canvas Wall Accent
- Felt Flower Book Hugger Bookmark
- 80s Style Painted Tees
- Adorable Recycled Skirt Pouch