20 Ways to Draw a Tree
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
20 Ways to Draw a Tree and 44 Other Nifty Things from Nature
By Eloise Renouf
Gifted by Quarry Books
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, editor of FaveCrafts.com
If your journals and notebooks are filled with little doodles of birds, flowers, trees, leaves, or butterflies, you're going to love playing around in 20 Ways to Draw a Tree. Filled with 20 mini illustrations of more than 40 nature-themed topics, this book is perfect for artists, designers, and doodlers alike.
Each spread in this book contains 20 illustrations of a single item, such as trees, tulips, flowers, butterflies, birds, leaves, feathers, mushrooms, berries, clouds, and so much more. Each spread also offers plenty of space for you to do your own doodling.
The stylized flowers, trees, leaves, and clouds are simplified, modernized, and reduced to the most basic elements, making it easy to see how simple abstract shapes can come together to create the building blocks of any item that you wish to draw.
I happen to love the spread on how to draw herbs. I have pages and pages of handwritten recipes from my grandmother and these simple herb illustrations would be a sweet and charming way to add a little color and style to these cherished herb-infused recipes.
I also love the variety of topics included in this book. In a matter of about an hour I can learn how to draw everything from an acorn to a bird, a leaf to a beetle. Great for scrapbookers, card designers, jewelry designers, and more, 20 Ways to Draw a Tree and 44 Other Nifty Things from Nature is a whimsical and fun book filled with simple designs that are easy enough for anyone to do.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Cozy Knits: 50 Fast and Easy Projects from Top Designers
- Animal Hats
- Premo! Sculpey Clay
- Crazy Cool Duct Tape Projects
- Quilt Boutique
- The Simple Art of Japanese Papercrafts
- Craft Fail: When Homemade Goes Horribly Wrong
- Anna Maria's Needleworks Notebook
- Duct Tape Your Heart Out!
- How to Make 100 Bead Embroidery Motifs
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Christmas Craft Ideas: Ornaments, Decorations, and Homemade Gifts for Christmas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Recycled Detergent Lid Pincushion
- Ombre Tie Dye Shirt Wall Art
- Beaded Crochet Choker
- Crochet Dog Doo Doo Bag Holder
- Baby Heart Crochet Beanie
- Funky Crochet Earbud Wrap
- Ariel's Beaded Crochet Headband
- Knitted Plastic Bag Dispenser
- Last-Minute T-Shirt Necklace
- Perfectly Pretty Crochet Purse Pattern