DecoArt Products Required
Americana Gloss Enamels
- DAG01 - White --- NEW!!
- DAG34 - Lavender --- NEW!!
- DAG67 - Black --- NEW!!
- DAG228 - Bright Orange --- NEW!!
- DAG230 - Festive Green --- NEW!!
- DAG234 - Calypso Blue --- NEW!!
- DAG276 - Razzle Berry --- NEW!!
- DBL1000-B - Liner 0
- DBR2004-B - Round 4
- DBF2575-B - Flat 3/4"
- DBF3012-B - Shader 12
- Foam plate
- Tracing or thin white paper
- Fine-tip black marker
- Painter's tape
- Glass saucer
Preparation: Remove all stickers or labels from surface.
1. Cut piece of paper to fit center of saucer.
2. Write "happy birthday" with fine-tip black marker on center of paper and tape paper on top of plate with words face up.
3. Turn plate over and use liner brush and Black to paint words on bottom center of plate. (You should be able to see words and will be painting them in reverse.) Let paint dry and remove paper.
4. Hold saucer with top surface resting on hand when painting stripes, as you will be painting on back of saucer only.
5. Use 3/4" flat brush and Lavender to paint five stripes on rim of saucer, spacing them as evenly as possible.
6.Use 12 shader brush and Razzle Berry to paint wavy stripes, centered between Lavender stripes, on rim of saucer.
7. Use 4 round brush and Calypso Blue to paint thin line to left of each Lavender stripe.
8. Use 4 round brush and Bright Orange to paint thin line to right of each Lavender stripe.
9. Use end of paintbrush handle dipped in Festive Green to dot inside curves of Razzle Berry wavy lines. Let all paint dry.
10. Use 3/4" flat brush and White to paint over rim of saucer over stripes and dots.
11. To heat set, let dry 48 hours. Place in cold oven; set temperature at 325 degrees; bake 30 minutes; turn off oven and crack open door. Allow project to cool down before removing.
To remove dry paint from project before baking, glass items can be soaked in warm water to soften.