Handmade cards will always be in vogue. Dress up your cards easily with iron-on metallic threads. Here iron-on metallic threads add just the right touch for a fun happy birthday card.
- Dark Pink and spring green cardstock
- Textured paper (we used Fibermark Cobblestone series- Merlot)
- Circle paper, Scrappin' Creations Power Pad
- Celebrate Tag, Embossible Designs Punch-Outs
- Kreinik Metallic Iron-on Threads in #16 Braid 6210 Petals, and 1/8 Ribbon 6120 Pink
- Kreinik Teflon Presscloth
- Glue or tape adhesive as desired
- First turn on your iron to its highest setting and allow it to heat up. Cut a large square of dark pink cardstock for your card base. Cut a smaller square of Circle paper. Cut a wide strip of Merlot paper the same width as your card. Cut two short strips of green cardstock.
- Begin assembling your card. Center your circle paper on the dark pink cardstock. With your iron, outline the paper with Pink iron-on ribbon: lay the thread at a starting point, cover with the Teflon Press Cloth and press for several seconds until your thread adheres. Attach your Merlot strip slightly off-center. Position your two short green strips next to it. Embellish both strips with zig-zags of Petals iron-on braid. Embellish the remaining Circle paper with braid also.
- Position your tag at an angle on the card—and send your cheerful greeting to a birthday pal!
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.