Decorate a STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam cone with animal-shaped cookies for the perfect addition to any toddler or child's birthday party table. It's easy to make, guests will love it and the best part is, it's kid-friendly and safe.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- 15" x 4" cone
- 8" x 1" disc
- Acrylic paint, color of choice for base
- Assorted cookies in various fun shapes
- Pre-made icing, your choice: fondant icing, one tube; light or whipped canned icing, one can; or powdered sugar and water
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Optional: Small bowl, measuring cup, teaspoon (if using powdered sugar icing)
- Optional: Red acrylic paint, medium flat paintbrush, disposable palette (paint must be food safe)
- Medium flat paintbrush
- Disposable palette
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Paint foam disc. If desired, paint foam cone. Let dry completely.
- Use glue gun to adhere cone base to center top of disc.
- Follow package directions to prepare pre-made icing tube for use. If making own icing, combine 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar with a few teaspoons of water in small bowl to a spreadable consistency. If icing is too thick, add more water; too thin, add more sugar. Place small amount of icing onto back of each cookie before pressing to foam surface. Refer to photo as placement guide.
- To enjoy cookies, simply pull from topiary surface.
Looking for more birthday party centerpiece ideas? Try this one.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.