28 Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners + 9 Bonus Patterns
By: Caley Walsh, Editor, FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Beginners can learn how to crochet with this collection of free crochet patterns. With these free crochet instructions, answers to common crochet questions and helpful tips, you'll discover that it's actual so easy to find beginner crochet patterns. In fact, there are plenty of projects for everything from easy crochet baby patterns to easy crochet afghan patterns.
There are also patterns for the kitchen and easy crochet scarf patterns. Easy crochet patterns don't have to be boring or plain - use fun yarn and cool stitches to spice up your designs.
Start with smaller items such as hats, scarves and easy crochet dishcloth patterns. Easy crochet patterns are great because you can always work backwards or start again. Try your hand at easy crochet afghan patterns or easy crochet baby blanket patterns - they are a great way to test your skill.
BONUS! Before you get started, make sure you have all your basic skills in check with our collection of 9 Crochet Stitch Videos. With step-by-step tutorials on how to do the single stitch, double crochet, triple crochet, shell stitch, and so much more, this collection of videos is all you need to get started crocheting today!
Preview the collection with this video on how to do the single crochet...then watch the whole collection and you'll be hooked on crochet in no time!
28 Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners + 9 Bonus Patterns
Table of Contents
If you love to work on free crochet patterns but want to try something new, consider taking up knitting. Luckily, it's never been easier to get started! Learn to knit a scarf pattern, make funky baby clothes, and knit shabby chic decorating items with all kinds of easy knitting patterns in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns. You don't have to say goodbye to your beloved free crochet patterns, but you can expand your horizons and try something new.
If you've just learned how to crochet, consider making one of these little items. Though these projects may be small in size, their impact is huge. From flip flops to stash baskets, these easy crochet patterns are truly remarkable. All of these beginner crochet patterns make great gifts for a birthday, shower or holiday, so work up a few and save them for later. Once you start working on these free easy crochet patterns, you may not be able to stop.
- Quick and Easy Crochet Slippers
- Microspun Crochet Fantabulous Flip-Flops
- Crochet Stash Baskets
- Crochet Mesh Roll Hat
- Beginner Mittens for All
- Cabled Coffee Cozy
- Pink and Red Crocheted Hearts
- Beachy Boot Cuff
- Crochet Hair Bows
- Crochet Ring Pattern
- Easy Bucket Hat Crochet Pattern
- Twist Scarf Crochet Pattern
- 2 Strand Fold Basket
- Crocheted Stash Buster Basket
- Beginner Tote Bag
- Creative Crochet Lip Balm Holder
- Love Me Tender Flowers
- NEW! Blue Beret Crochet Beanie Pattern
- NEW! Pink Pompom Crochet Beanie Hat
- NEW! Great Gatsby Crochet Cloche Hat Pattern
- NEW! Mary Jane Baby Bootie Crochet Pattern
If you're not interested in free crochet patterns, there's no need to give up on yarn. In fact, you'll find plenty of free knitting patterns in our free eBook, 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns. In this handy collection, you'll find patterns for hats, shawls and so much more. Knitting is a great way to stay sharp and relieve stress, so if you haven't taken it up as a hobby, now is the time. And who knows - you may become interested in crochet as you learn more about knitting.
Once you've mastered the smaller free crochet patterns, you can start working on these larger, more complicated patterns. Now that you know how to crochet, dive in and get to work. You can choose to work on an afghan, shawl or even a rug - the choice is yours. When you have these easy crochet patterns at your disposal, you simply can't go wrong. Discover why everyone loves these free easy crochet patterns and try one yourself.
- Blue and White Crochet Afghan
- Striped Crochet Shawl Pattern
- Crochet Ripple Afghan Pattern
- Arrow Stitch Crochet Afghan
- Knit Stripes and Waves Afghan
- Picturesque Windows Afghan
- Blue and White Checkerboard Rug
- Autumn Shawl
- Black Mesh Shawl
- Beachy Wrap
- Fun and Fancy Double Crochet Afghan
- Lavender Lace Throw
- Neon Jersey Rug
- Early Bird Afghan
- Fairy Tale Afghan
- NEW! Lacy Open Shell Crochet Afghan Pattern
Take a break from difficult free crochet patterns and check out these 8 Easy Crochet Patterns. You'll find everything from cute crochet amigurumi projects to delightful afghans. We've also included free crochet patterns for dishcloths, bags and more. The common thread (or stitch) between these projects is that they're just so easy. You'll never get bored when you have these free crochet patterns to work on all day long.
If you're stuck or need a little extra help? We're here to help. Click below for answers to your burning questions. Free easy crochet patterns aren't always foolproof, so don't be afraid to reach out and look for help.
- Where does the word “crochet” come from?
- What does YO, ch, sc and dc mean?
- What is crochet in the round?
- What is a crochet granny square?
- What are the different kinds of yarn to use in crochet?
- What are the different weights of yarn indicated on crochet patterns?
- What are the best eco-friendly yarns for crochet?
- How do you hold the crochet hook and yarn?
BONUS! Whether you love making crochet hats, crochet gloves, or easy and colorful crochet scarves, there are lots of fun projects for crochet fans of all skill levels in our free eBook, 16 Free Crochet Hats, Scarves, & Gloves.
If you love free crochet patterns, then you'll go crazy for our free eBook, 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns. Download a copy today and discover patterns free hat pattern, flower crafts and more. This is the definitive collection of free crochet patterns, so you need to snag your copy ASAP. Whether you've just learned how to crochet or you need a breather from more complicated projects, you need to have this free crochet pattern collection in your life. There's nothing better than an easy crochet pattern that doesn't require a ton of time or effort, so curl up on the couch with a hook and some yarn today.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 28 Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners + 9 Bonus Patterns
- 8 Easy Crochet Patterns
- 9 Crochet Stitch Videos
- Striped Crochet Afghan
- Magical Healing Crochet Dishcloth
- Beginner's Guide to Free Crochet Patterns
- 1-Hour Crochet Coffee Cozy
- Cathedral Motif Granny Square Crochet Pattern
- 13 Crochet Baby Hat Patterns for Beginners
- 15 Amazing Ideas for Easy Crochet Flowers + Instructions
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Leisure Arts Book Bundle
- Polyform Sculpey Clay Beginner Pack
- Red Heart Fancy Yarn Pack
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Decor, and More free eBook
- American Quilter's Society Gift Card
- Marvy Uchida Easy Crystal Applicator
- Sizzix eclips2 DIY Electric Cutter Starter Kit
- Sheet Metal Bracelet DIY Craft Project
- Stenciled Metal Vase
- Structured Pattern Skirt DIY Craft Project