Natural elements and botanical prints add a wonderful, relaxing feeling to any décor. These easy to make leaf shapes are showcased in an old window frame, creating inexpensive wall art from Krylon, great for any room.
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Primer - White (#51315)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Khaki (#52504)
- Krylon Make It Stone!® Textured Paints - Travertine Tan (#18203)
- 6-Pane Window Frame
- Four 12” x 36” x 1” sheets of Styrofoam brand foam
- FloraCraft Wonder Cutter Hot Wire Tool
- Serrated kitchen knife
- Old candle
- Rough sandpaper
- Thick white craft glue
- Duct tape
- Wood putty (if needed for uneven areas in window frame)
- Protect ventilated workspace with newspaper.
- Remove glass from window frame. Sand frame with rough sandpaper to remove old loose paint, dirt and grease. Fill uneven areas with wood putty if desired. Wipe with a damp cloth to remove wood dust.
- Spray frame with White Primer and let dry.
- Measure window holes and cut six foam rectangles with serrated kitchen knife; for easier, smoother cutting, wax knife with old candle first.
- Draw leaf shapes on remaining foam and cut shapes with FloraCraft Wonder Cutter.
- Spray frame with several light coats of Khaki until covered. Let dry.
- Glue leaf shapes onto foam window rectangles with white craft glue.
- Spray leaf panels with two coats of Travertine Tan following directions on can.
- Secure leaf panels into window frame with duct tape on the backside.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.