Make a beaded lampshade for a nightlight, without any sewing. The secret's in the double-sided tape. By day it will look elegant and decorative, and by night it will light the way in a darkened room. This design makes a great gift, home decor, or finished product to sell at a craft fair.
- Self-Adhesive Lampshade Nightlight (Hollywood Lights)
- SEI Simple Set Buttons- Savory
- Paper: Scrappin' Creations Power Pad- Aqua dots, Stripes, Green Dots; Fibermark Cobblestone, Aster, Chai Latte; Blue, Green cardstock
- Green Braided Trim
- Kreinik 094 Star Blue #12 Braid
- Kreinik 008 Green 1/8" Ribbon
- Kreinik 009 Emerald 1/8" Ribbon
- Treasure Tape Shapes- Circles
- Treasure Tape Dots
- Diamond Beadlets
- Shallow pan or tray
- Cut your paper into strips of varying width. Make each strip 1" shorter than your shade. Peel off your shade's liner and use it as a guide- trim your strips so they fully cover the design area without overlapping too much, and leave 1/2" above and below the strips for your trim.
- Begin applying the strips centered on your shade. When you have finished, press with your fingers to smooth out any air bubbles.
- Using your 1/8" ribbon, create a border around the top and bottom of your strips. Next, cover the rest of the exposed shade with your braided trim.
- Place your Treasure Tape dots and circle shapes around your design. Peel back the red liners one at a time and position your buttons on them. Using your Star Blue braid, embellish around your buttons.
- Finish your design by placing it in a shallow tray or ziploc® bag. Pour Diamond Beadlets over the remaining tape. Tap gently to remove excess beads. Place your shade on your nightlight, and enjoy!
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.