Games are so much fun and are a great learning tool. This kid craft project is perfect for teachers to use. Games help stimulate the brain and gets kids thinking! You can find this project and more kids' crafts in our free eBook, Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids!
DecoArt Products Required
- Americana Gloss Enamels
- DAG265 - Tuscan Red
- DAG01 - White
- DAG36 - True Blue
- DAG227 - Bright Yellow
- DAG235 - Citron Green
- DAG230 - Festive Green
- 4 1/2" x 4 3/4" x 2 1/8" white jewelry box, Decorate Me
- Six 3/4" unfinished wood square blocks, Lara's Crafts U10182
- 26 unfinished wood 1 1/2" discs, Lara's Crafts U10046
- Two 8.5" x 11" sheets of school-themed scrapbook paper or cardstock (We used sheets from DCWV cardstock stack, The Grade School/PS-006-00026.)
- 2" unfinished wood star, Forster Woodsies
- Unfinished 3" x 2" wood rectangle, Lara's Crafts V20023
- #0 liner brush
- 1/2" flat brush
- Fine point and ultra fine black permanent markers
- Aleene's Quick-Dry Tacky Glue
- Lo-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Use flat brush and Bright Yellow to paint star; let dry.
- Use flat brush and Tuscan Red to paint rectangle; let dry.
- Referring to photo for placement, use liner brush and White to paint "games" on rectangle and let dry.
- Use marker to draw chalkboard graffiti around word on rectangle.
- Cut following pieces from scrapbook paper: for lid, 4" x 4 1/2"; long sides, two 4 1/2" x 1 7/8"; short sides, two 4 1/4" x 1 7/8".
- Apply thin, even coat of tacky glue to back of lid paper; center on lid and smooth out with fingers. Repeat with remaining papers for sides of box. Let glue dry.
- Refer to photo for placement and use glue gun to glue wood shapes on lid.
Number Dice Game
- Use flat brush and Tuscan Red to paint cube; let dry.
- Repeat Step 1 with True Blue; Bright Yellow; Bright Orange; Festive Green; and Citron Green.
- Refer to photo and use marker to write numbers 1-6 on sides of each cube.
- Use flat brush and Tuscan Red to paint seven discs; let dry. Repeat with Festive Green.
- Use flat brush and Bright Yellow to paint six discs; let dry. Repeat with True Blue.
- Refer to photo and use marker to write letters A-Z on front center of discs.