This no-sew quilt block is easy to attach to a quilted background. Add beads, yarn, ribbon and thread to turn your child's drawing into a fun, 3-dimensional quilt block that makes for great baby quilt ideas.
- Two 8" x 10" sheets of Treasure Tape
- Treasure tape dots
- Diamond Beadlets
- Kreinik #12 Braid in 033 Royal Blue
- Green checked satin 1/4" ribbon
- Yellow checked satin 1/2" ribbon
- Coordinating satin 1/2" ribbon
- Miscellaneous micro beads, seed beads, and bugle beads
- Four decorative buttons
- Design printed on fabric sheet (8 1/2" x 11")
- Remove the white backing from an 8x10 sheet of Treasure Tape. Lay the fabric piece on the sticky tape, with the printed side facing the tape. Smooth out any bubbles.
- Turn your fabric piece over and remove the red liner exposing the top sticky area.
- Lay the yellow checked ribbon and coordinating 1/2" ribbon all around the edge of the fabric piece, pressing into the tape to adhere. Attach a button in each corner using the Treasure Tape dots.
- Use the #12 Braid in color 033 to outline the rattle. We also used the Braid to make an outline of a star shape in the center of the rattle.
- Lay the green ribbon back and forth on the tape to create the the handle. Press the ribbon into the tape to make sure it adheres.
- With your fingers, carefully lay the colored beads and bugles in the center of the rattle. Keep the colored beads contained in this area.
- When decorating is complete, lay your design in a shallow pan or tray and cover all remaining sticky areas with Diamond Beadlets.
Related Craft Projects and Quilting Tips
Flag Quilt Block
How to Restore Quilt Fabric
Storage Tips for Quilters
Baby Bear Onesie
Pink Baby Frame
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.