Animal Nursery Quilt
By: Springs Creative
This animal quilt will bring cheerful color to any nursery. The quilt uses an intermediate technique to frame the cute animals.
- Fabric A: Bonus Border (CP19844-160) 3½ yards*
- Fabric B: Animal Dots Toss (CP19848-H21) ½ yard
- Fabric C: Animal Toss (CP19849-160) ½ yard
- Fabric D: Stars and Moon (CP20048-160) 1 yard
- Fabric E: Patches All Over (CP20247-160) ½ yard, or enough for four blocks
- Fabric A: Cut four 3½” x 29½” strips centering each over the scalloped border. Cut four 2½” x 29½” strips from the length of fabric for the inner border. Fussy cut four animal blocks into 6½” squares. Piece the remaining fabrics together for the backing.
- Fabric B: Fussy cut twenty-fi ve 3½” squares centering an animal in each.
- Fabric C: Fussy cut twenty 3½” squares centering an animal in each.
- Fabric D: Cut eight 2” x 9½” strips, eight 2” x 6½” strips, two 1½” x 29½” strips and two 1½” x 27½” strips. Cut fi ve 2¼” x width of fabric strips. Piece the strips together for the binding.
- Fabric E: Fussy cut four animal group 5½” squares.
- Sew one 3½” Fabric B square to each side of one Fabric C square (Fig. 1). Repeat to make fi ve Top Units and fi ve Bottom Units.
- Sew one 3½” Fabric C square to each side of one 3½” Fabric B square (Fig. 2). Repeat to make fi ve Middle units.
- Sew one Top and one Bottom unit to to each Middle unit to make a 9-Patch block (Fig. 3). Make fi ve 9-Patch blocks total.
- Sew one 2” x 6½” Fabric D strip to the sides of each 6½” Fabric A square.
- Sew one 2” x 9½” Fabric D strip to the top and bottom of each Fabric A square.
- Refer to the quilt photo and sew the 9-Patch and Animal Patch blocks together to make the quilt top.
- Sew one 2½” x 29½” Fabric A strip to the bottom of each 3½” x 29½” Fabric A strip with the scallop edge at the top of the strip to make one strip set.
- Refer to the quilt photo for direction and sew one strip set to each side of the quilt top.
- Sew one 5½” Fabric E square to each end of the remaining two strip sets. Sew the strip sets to the top and bottom of the quilt top.
- Layer, quilt and bind as desired.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!