Folksy Flower Dress
By: Divya for DewDrop's Designs
There's nothing quite so cute as little girls' dresses. Handmade dresses, like this Folksy Flower Dress, are great for babies. With some extra fabric and some basic crochet skills, you can make a crochet baby dress for your favorite little lady.
Size: 6-9 months
- Cotton worsted weight yarn
- Fabric marked for circular bottom (1/2 yard)
- Crochet Hook : G (4.25mm)
- Chain 55
- Row 1: hdc in 3rd ch from hook, ch1 turn (53hdc)
- Row 2: sk first st,*(sc, ch2, hdc) in next st, sk next st, Rep from * across ending with sc in last st. ch 1 turn (26 S-edge cluster)
- Row 3: 2 sc in first st, then keeping ch2 sts from previous row S-edge clusters in front - 3sc in BACK LOOP ONLY of each sc across to last sc, 2 sc in last st, ch 1 turn
- Row 4: rep Row 2, ch 1 turn
- Row 5: 2 sc in first st, then keeping ch2 sts from previous row S-edge clusters in front - 2 sc in BACK LOOP ONLY of each sc across ch 1 turn
- Row 6: rep Row 2, ch 1 turn
- Rows 7-10: rep Rows 3-6, ch 1 turn (55 S-edge clusters around bib)
- Row 11 (Armhole Row): 2 sc in first st, *sk ch2 sp, 2 sc in next sc, rep from * 6 times, chain 3 skip next 15 ch2 sps, 2 sc in next 14 sc sts, chain 3 sk next 15 ch2 sps, 2 sc in last 8 sc sts. Join with sl st to first sc, ch1 turn
- Row 12: sk first st, *(sc, ch 2, hdc) all in next st, sk next st, rep from * around. Join with sl st to first sc, ch 3 turn
- Row 13: dc in same sp as ch3, 2 dc in each sc around. Join with sl st to top of ch 3. Fasten off.
- Row 1: Join yarn with a sc at top right corner of opening, work 10 more sc down side of opening, sl st in bottom center st, work 11 sc up next side of opening, ch1 turn
- Row 2: sc in first st, ch 1, sk next st (button hole made), sc in next 5 sts, ch 1, sk next st (button hole made), sc in last 3 sts, sl st in bottom center st, sc in each st to top, ch 1 turn
- Row 3: sl st in each st and ch around opening. Fasten off.
- Measure the yoke where the fabric is to be attached. (Let it be X)
- Now X + 5" (Add this extra if you would like to give some pleats in front) is the circumference of the first small circle.
- Fabric needs to be folded in 4 layers with a right angled corner.
- Now to draw the first arc The radius R = (X+5)/6.28 [using the formula circumference =2 x pi x R]
- For Next arc = Length required for the bottom part + 1/2" seam allowance
- Another method is to cut two pieces for front and back (top part of trapezoid = 1/2(X)+ 1/2" seam allowance, Bottom : 2*(1/2X+1/2")
- Attach top crocheted piece to bottom fabric piece.
Something worth saving?
Register now for FREE to:
- SAVE all your favorite crafts
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your crafts