Add the colors of fall to this home accent birdhouse with paint and gloss. Scrapbook papers help cover the roof and sides.
DecoArt Products Required
- DA131 - Hauser Light Green
- DA219 - Heritage Brick
- DBR2003-B - Round #3
- DBF2575-B - Flat 3/4"
Americana Spray Sealers
- DAS12 - Americana Gloss Spray
- Fine grit sandpaper
- Three sheets of coordinating scrapbooking paper in autumn tones
- Die-cut autumn maple leaf
- Photo-graphics die cut accents by ColorBok, #17872 Fall Leaves
- 1/2" hole punch
- Foam plate
- Aleene's Quick-Dry Tacky Glue
- Unfinished wood birdhouse, Don Mechanic Ent., Ltd.#082632
Preparation: Sand surface with fine grit sandpaper if necessary.
- Use flat 3/4" brush and Heritage Brick to paint birdhouse; let dry.
- Hole punch center of leaf shape and fit over roost at front. Use flat brush to spread glue on back surface of leaf shape and glue in place, pressing flat.
- Use round brush and Hauser Light Green to paint end of roost and words on front of birdhouse; let dry.
- Measure sides of house and roof. Cut papers to fit. Use flat brush to spread glue on back surface of paper pieces and glue in place, pressing flat.
- Measuring pieces accordingly, tear strips and sections of coordinating paper to fit across roof as desired. Use flat brush to spread glue on back surface of paper pieces and glue in place, pressing flat. Let glue dry.
- Spray birdhouse with Americana Gloss Spray Sealer; let dry.
You can also use scissors in place of 1/2" hole punch.
A plastic gift card (credit card type) can be used to smooth papers flat and remove air pockets when attaching papers to surface.