Create a beautiful centerpiece for the Fall season. Invite your guests over for a lovely dinner. Annabelle Keller shows us how to make this everlasting centerpiece.
- STYROFOAM* Brand Products:
- Disc, 9" x 1-1/4"
- Ring, 9" x 1-1/4" x 3/4"
- Assorted silk florals: 3 green yarrow; 1 bunch each small and medium fall leaves; 1 dozen each yellow and red asters; two stems button berry sprays; three sunflowers; six each brown and yellow mums; one dozen assorted small flowers
- Floral bowl with candlestick base, 6-1/2" tall, 6-3/4" dia. at top
- Spray paint: ivy green, brass, gold glitter
- Candle, 3" x 9", coordinating color
- Hurricane globe, 12"
- Wire cutters
- Round toothpicks
- Steel wool, fine
- Low temperature glue gun and glue sticks
- Center and glue foam ring to top of disc.
- Clean and scuff floral bowl with steel wool.
- Spread newspapers over work area. Spray container brass. Spray wreath ring/disc ivy green. Very lightly mist fall leaves with gold glitter spray.
- Using wire cutters, trim stems of leaves and berries from 4" to 6" in length and stems of flowers from 1" to 2" in length.
- Center and glue disc to top of floral bowl.
- Begin assembling arrangement by placing mums, sunflowers and yarrow around top of ring. Insert stems in foam ring and then glue in place. Fill in with smaller flowers. Reserving three berry and leaf stems for top of arrangement, insert leaf and berry stems in bottom edge of disc, so they trail down over bowl. To insert leaves and other stems without wires, use a toothpick to make a hole in the foam and then glue stem in hole. Finish, filling in with remaining flowers and foliage.
- Set candle in center of disc; place hurricane globe over candle.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.